News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Weekend Trip in the DeLorean!

Started by DavePEI, February 15, 2013, 08:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on February 17, 2013, 01:39:11 PMOk, Here's another scenario... Buy a huge warehouse, and pay the taxes for the next 30 years in advance and set up a fund for its preservation, then load it will all sorts of wonderful goodies, to be harvested in the present. Now, that should work :)

That'd work... :D

And while you're there, pick up and store a few DeLoreans to make a time machine in the future... :D

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 17, 2013, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on February 17, 2013, 01:39:11 PMOk, Here's another scenario... Buy a huge warehouse, and pay the taxes for the next 30 years in advance and set up a fund for its preservation, then load it will all sorts of wonderful goodies, to be harvested in the present. Now, that should work :)

That'd work... :D

And while you're there, pick up and store a few DeLoreans to make a time machine in the future... :D
You can still get Deloreans... If you have the money ;) Problem is, then you would need the Doc and Marty's help!

http://delorean.com/

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Sargeguy

Didn"t Picturephones cost $500,000 when they were new?  If you go back to the 80s, pick me up some Apple stock.  That way I could just buy whatever I want now!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

DavePEI

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 17, 2013, 06:16:57 PM
Didn"t Picturephones cost $500,000 when they were new?  If you go back to the 80s, pick me up some Apple stock.  That way I could just buy whatever I want now!
Don't laugh. When I was taking electronics in Ryerson (1975), I had the opportunity to buy 200 original shares in Microsoft. I would have had to borrow the money to do it, and poverty made me turn down the offer. Had I only known then what I know now. You and I would have been the buyers with the deep pockets!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

The fun thing about time travel is, if you change your own future, then you may not end up travelling back in time, so ultimately you'd never change your life by buying those investments, and if you take items from the past, you could alter the future, because even just one phone could mean someone who changed the current world may not have made a phonecall that made the change, even squishing a bug that carried a disease could change the course of history, but of course the change would alter the future enough to prevent the time travel, so, in theory, time is self-repairing, so, yeah, who knows what could happen, could be why there's no answer to the question "Where are all the time travellers?"... :D

Mr. Bones

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 17, 2013, 01:33:38 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on February 17, 2013, 01:20:52 PMI'd far rather take the time machine off the Delorean along with the flux capacitor, and install it on a tractor trailer

Now, everyone knows a DeLorean DMC-12 can barely make it to 90MPH, but a tractor-trailer getting to 88MPH??

I have tagged onto, and been passed by, several convoys on I-40W, going well in excess of 100 mph. With  my cruise on 100-120, have had series of trucks fly by like I was holding up their progress...

Naturally, I followed along... ;)

'77 Plymouth Gran Fury Highway Patrol Interceptor, at the time... 400 motor balanced, blueprinted, and (ahem) modified, at the local Speed Shop, for the KHP... 8)

A sad, and distant second to many of the 426 Hemi, and 440 Magnum, KHP Interceptors of slightly earlier vintage, but, nonetheless, a fun ride. (Hang on tight; screaming will do you no good, whatsoever!!!) :o :o :o

Speedo read 0-160, in two mph increments, said 'CERTIFIED' under the odo, where it usually says 'Unleaded Only', and it would bury the needle into the right-hand turn signal indicator. (And beyond) ;) Wooooo-Hooooo!!!!!

It fluxed my capacitors, I assure you! ;D
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

mst269

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 17, 2013, 01:33:38 PM
Now, everyone knows a DeLorean DMC-12 can barely make it to 90MPH, but a tractor-trailer getting to 88MPH??

Oh, believe me, I had to find out what happens when you hit 88 mph shortly after I bought mine (#4411, a 1981 5-speed with gray interior).  The answer is- the telephone poles go by faster.  That's it.

It's not a super speed-mobile but it certainly will get you to any sane speed pretty darn fast, and to various insane ones if you desire them.  And it's straight out of the '80s, right up my alley  :)

Richard
(keeper of several odd vehicles and gadgets- anyone else like Yugos, Suzuki RE-5's, Citicar/Comutacars, Beta VCRs, old big computers, old telephones- wait, everyone here is a telephone nut)

twocvbloke

Quote from: mst269 on February 17, 2013, 08:17:02 PMIt's not a super speed-mobile but it certainly will get you to any sane speed pretty darn fast, and to various insane ones if you desire them.  And it's straight out of the '80s, right up my alley  :)

Richard
(keeper of several odd vehicles and gadgets- anyone else like Yugos, Suzuki RE-5's, Citicar/Comutacars, Beta VCRs, old big computers, old telephones- wait, everyone here is a telephone nut)

I do love the DeLorean, it looks cool, and stars in one of my favourite film series, they're like the 2CV for me, they may not be fast, but I love the looks, and if I could, I'd own a DeLorean, if I could find one cheap enough... :D

And Betamax VCRs, I love them too, I have a Son SL-F1UB kit (SL-2000 across the pond I think, power supply is goosed though as it doesn't always power up), complete with camera and a tonne of accessories, I can't understand why people went for VHS when Beta was so much better quality, but people went for the cheaper ((in price and quality) VHS, I have recordings made in the 80s which would rival current digital TV in terms of picturequality!!!  :D