News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interesting Switchboard Picture

Started by Fabius, March 14, 2018, 10:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

This picture raises a few questions in my mind. What is the location? I'm guessing Hawaii. I base this the appearance of the operators. Polynesian? Notice that the sign on the wall with the ambulance, fire and police numbers is in English. What are those round objects on the top of the switchboards? Clocks showing different time zones?. Notice the calculagraph bottom center. The dial on the switchboard does not look Western Electric. AE? Could be a toll board.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

rdelius

Dial looks like a British #10.Card ret on AE does not stick up so much

AE_Collector

Pretty difficult to say where it would be. Hawaii was GTE but I don't know when GTE first took over there. It is a common battery board, not Magneto. Do sort of look like little clocks which could indicate it being a Toll Board rather than local service. Of course there would likely be a calculagraph at each position or at least between each pair of operators if a Toll Board. Too bad we can't read more on the board or the lights mounted to the top of the board (haven't seen that before) that look to be labelled with the position number maybe.

Terry