News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

PAP2T box problems

Started by Buzby, December 14, 2015, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzby

I've just got a Linksys PAP2T box from Ebay, but it does not appear to be working.

Power light comes on and blinks 3 times, then the internet light comes on followed by the two line indicator lights for a second. They all then go off and the power LED turns red before it all starts again.

I've tried a couple of the recovery programs out there, but the can't communicate with the box.

Is there a fix out there, or am I now the proud owner of a useless lump of plastic?

Thanks in advance.

NorthernElectric

Cliff

Buzby

I tried that, Cliff, but the thing isn't getting anywhere beyond what I'm guessing is a P.O.S.T.

Jack Ryan

Try another plug-pack, just in case. If that doesn't work, go to 1 (purchase a PAP2)

Jack

Buzby

Tried another power pack...........no dice.

Time to hit up the seller for a refund and get another one.

twocvbloke

From reading up on PAP2T boxes prior to my getting one (I got lucky, was unused and not programmed!), some have a custom firmware which can be a PITA if they're not on a service they're programmed for, so could do as you have there and get stuck in a bootloop if the requirements aren't met, and often means it's pretty much goosed... :(

Hopefully yours gets sorted, either through replacement or with some fiddling (possibly a stock firmware reflash via the JTAG header inside the unit?), they're useful little things, even just as a simple intercom ringdown circuit device (see link below)... :)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6225.0

Buzby

Quote from: twocvbloke on December 14, 2015, 07:57:36 PM
From reading up on PAP2T boxes prior to my getting one (I got lucky, was unused and not programmed!), some have a custom firmware which can be a PITA if they're not on a service they're programmed for, so could do as you have there and get stuck in a bootloop if the requirements aren't met, and often means it's pretty much goosed... :(

Hopefully yours gets sorted, either through replacement or with some fiddling (possibly a stock firmware reflash via the JTAG header inside the unit?), they're useful little things, even just as a simple intercom ringdown circuit device (see link below)... :)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6225.0

I saw your bargain, Deux Chevaux, and was inspired.

I'm wanting to cut the cord. The only reason I have a landline was that my mother could call and take advantage of her call plan. With her now in a home, I'd rather go cheaper.

I bought the PAP2T after seeing that I could have telephones ringing the British way on an extra line.

I was also hoping to get our service moved over this month as my billing date is the 18th. Looks like I'm paying for an extra month of line.

Buzby

Requested item to be returned. Seller is hitting me with stuff I should do to make it work. Stuff I started 2 days ago, and I documented to the seller. So the dance begins.....

I've already ordered a Sipura 2100, which I understand is the same thing. It's only in MA, so I'm hoping it arrives on Friday or before so I can cancel the current service, and transfer the number.

Babybearjs

Rule #1: DON'T trust ebay sellers on used equipment. if the sale is AS-IS.... its probably broke to begin with.... I lost over $100 on purchases this last year because of this....
John

Buzby

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 14, 2015, 11:30:03 PM
Rule #1: DON'T trust ebay sellers on used equipment. if the sale is AS-IS.... its probably broke to begin with.... I lost over $100 on purchases this last year because of this....

Sorry for your troubles with Ebay, John.

Thankfully (and surprisingly), seems like they're a decent seller after all. My money has been refunded.