News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE183 wiring

Started by cloyd, September 04, 2017, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

on AE receivers, the older drop in ones can short under the center contacts because of  metal filings.The newer ones watch out if varister is internal,lugs can short it out or they can go bad.

cloyd

The AE receiver in the AE90 wall phone is nearly identical to the space-saver. It must be bad too.  A. E. CO. D-51030-A CO is printed on the side.
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

AE_Collector

That should work....but it doesn't. Check the cord continuity and maybe check each lead for shorts to other leads while you are at it.

Terry

stub

Tina,
       Made it home . I'll try to have it in the mail tomorrow.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

poplar1

Tina, was the receiver unit working in the AE 90 before you transplanted it to the 183? You need to try a "known good" receiver. Or an entire working handset -- with working cord -- from another phone.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

stub

Tina,
       I've checked both and they work great on my landline, volume is a little diminished on my dying 616, but dial tone is there. stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

cloyd

Quote from: poplar1 on September 15, 2017, 07:40:35 PM
Tina, was the receiver unit working in the AE 90 before you transplanted it to the 183? You need to try a "known good" receiver. Or an entire working handset -- with working cord -- from another phone.

I had put the AE90 away out of sight and therefore it was out of mind and I did not test it ahead of time.  I'll try it today.
Thank you,
Tina
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

cloyd

It works!!!

So it wasn't the network at all but the receiver unit.  I really love my cute little phone!  Now I just need to find a ringer.

Tina