News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What value would you give it?

Started by recrum, February 06, 2017, 10:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recrum

AE 40 original chrome handsets bands, straight line ringer, line cord, added NOS extensicord, cutaway finger wheel, repro rubber base band.

AE_Collector

To me a chromed black AE40 in good unrestored condition is usually worth $75-$80 on eBay. Yes you will see them go for less than that and you will see restored versions go for significantly more than that. The cut away fingerwheel should add a little and the ExtensiCord will add some more. But without it being polished until it is gleaming there is a top end of around $100 for the item like this. I don't think you would get the value back out of the NOS ExtensiCord in this case if you were selling it.

All just my thoughts and I don't follow eBay values like I used to.

Terry

recrum

Not bad considering I've only got $120 in it.  It still gets used quite a bit so I have no plans of selling.  The question was just for my own curiosity. 

Pourme

That is a great piece. I want one of those cords for my AE jukebox wall phone...Here is a NOS on eBay for more than I paid for the phone.....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

andy1702

For the phone I'd say £40-£60 retail value. However if someone brought it to me in the UK looking to sell it, as a foreign phone I'd be offering £20.

Andy.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.