"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who Snagged the Mediterranean Blue?

Started by George Knighton, February 11, 2013, 10:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Knighton

So who snagged the Mediterranean Blue?

I was willing to go 500, but I thought that was enough.

Item # 190794498847
Annoying new poster.

Greg G.

Wow, that's a beaut!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Gilas

Not I but I sure tried.  Just to rich for my blood.  Think I would rather clean one up myself and save the money. It is a beautiful phone however so congrats to someone.

Mike

paul-f

Congratulations to the seller!  Great auction Finlover.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

George Knighton

I guess I'll go start polishing the Old Rosé 302 in consolation.

Just never thought it'd go over 500.  Thought that was quite safe!
Annoying new poster.

AE_Collector

Even the "ebaY Handles List" knows not who got this one but fellow CRPF member "Finlover" knows....

Winner 0***0  352

Terry

david@london

...............actually, i was thinking of nominating this phone for an auction contest....but i'm still a bit vague on the etiquette of posting live auctions.

my guess would've been $420...........so only 90 dollars out.

AE_Collector

Everyone is a little vague about that topic. There isnt a rule for what can or can not be the subject of an Auction Contest. The only common thread amoungst the contests seems to be that the phones are the ones that are somewhat all the way to extremely rare and/orr the ones that typically can be real interesting to watch as the auction ends. Maybe we need some more "run of the mill" phones in the contests!

Terry

AE40FAN

What about this auction for an Ivory AE40!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/130846450172?  ( dead link 06-22-21 )

AE_Collector

Yes that one was a surprise. $1026.51. It looks like new but the light Ivory color makes it look painted to me even though it is obvious that it isn't. I wonder if the pictures added some $ to the final price.

Terry

Jester

Ah, Finlover!

I always loved viewing his work(and his auctions), but his other interests seem to have moved him away from this hobby.  I have drooled over many of his auctions, and miss his input here.
Stephen

JorgeAmely

$500 for a 500? Actually, it should be $500 for a 501. That phone is a 501 model with a gas tube. That makes it nicer in my opinion. And the fact that it was "massaged" back to life by fishlover makes it even better.  ;) ;D
Jorge

finlover

Hi, Boys!

Sorry to have been AWOL for so long!  Playing music has taken over most of my free time and I'm down to restoring phones for a collector friend.  Recently I fell in love with a new bass guitar so to help pay for it I decided to pare down my collection to my very favorite phones (which aren't neccessarily the most valuable).  In the next weeks I'll be selling mostly 500s, all immaculate.  I forgot how much fun these auctions can be; it's anybody's guess where they'll end up!  The Med. Blue phone went to someone named Danfeng Cai (don't know if that's a man or a woman) in Oregon.

So far the phones I've decided to keep are my AE34,40 and 50(in service), a mint red '55 500, a black NOS '52 500, a red WE Continental, a Uniphone desk model with the NU handset, and a gray NOS NEC Model 4.  Most of these can be seen on my facebook page if you're interested:  http://www.facebook.com/greg.scarborough.9/photos_albums
The AE34 now has a chrome fingerwheel and bands by the way.

AE40FAN

Finlover, Your AE34 is the most beautiful phone I've ever seen.  I can clearly see why you'd want to keep it!

finlover

Thank you, sir! :) It might be my "desert island" phone...  It looks even better now with the chrome bands and fingerwheel.  The gold plating that I had done tarnished so it must not have had too much actual gold in it I guess.  Plus I wasn't wild about the matte finish.  The chrome makes it look more streamlined.