News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Can anybody tell me why this 634A ringer box is selling for so much on ebay?

Started by FrankC, October 09, 2010, 12:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankC

This is selling for an unusually high price? dunno why? does anyone know?
item # 130438520477   thanks. Frank
Frank Conley

HarrySmith

WOW :o
I have no idea why it is so much, must be something special we are not privy to ;)

For those of us that are computer challenged or lazy like me, here is a link:

http://tinyurl.com/3yug6pw
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 09, 2010, 12:40:04 PM
WOW :o
I have no idea why it is so much, must be something special we are not privy to ;)

For those of us that are computer challenged or lazy like me, here is a link:

http://tinyurl.com/3yug6pw

I think both bidders need it and in their minds this is the only one the will ever find.
I think it is worth  about the $40.00 starting bid.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bingster

Exactly right, Jim.  I tracked subset prices for about six months last year, and found the average selling price of a 634 subset to be $42.  This seller must be over the moon with these two noobs bidding on his auction.
= DARRIN =

deedubya3800

Both of the bidders seem to be telephone collectors of some sort, but their feedback tends to suggest that they've been buying on eBay for a while now. I don't know how experienced they are with their phone collecting, though. You must be right, though, there must be something special we don't know for at least two people to think it's worth over $200.

KeithB

Paul Vaverchak sold me one exactly like that a few months ago, for only $45.
Who knows why they're paying so much??

Jim Stettler

They probably don't know anyone else in the world that collects old phones. Most of us were there once.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

bingster

It's a bit of a refurb shop hack job, actually.  It started out life as a 534, and was turned into a 634 by the addition of a new network with a metal support plate, and another capacitor stacked atop the old one.
= DARRIN =

cchaven

I was wondering about that one earlier today myself when I noticed the price had skyrocketed.  I not too long ago picked up a dirty but complete 684BA for less than $40 and it ended up being fully functional and having a really nice original cover at that once it was cleaned up and polished.  It's being used with a 202 next to me.