News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC 1157 Metal Cradle Removal

Started by Mark S, July 19, 2019, 04:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark S

Looking to gut my SC 1157 so I can sand, repair and paint the metal box inside and out.  I am reaching out on the metal receiver Cradle removal.  The two exterior screws shown on the side view will remove the terminal strip and the Cradle mechanism inside, but I'm looking for advise on separating the metal Cradle so I can successfully remove the rest.  The one picture shows a top view which seems to show a pin, but it appears to not go through the Cradle body. Any advise is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Mark S

Here is the side view...

HarrySmith

It appears there is a drift pin in the bracket. That would need to be driven out to remove the arm. Circled in red on the attached picture.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

Push down on the hookswitch inside the telephone and pull up on the hook outside and lift out. A Kellogg works the same way.There is a notch under the hook that clicks  into place

Mark S

Thanks.  She's stubborn tonight.  I tried to unclick it for awhile but no good.  I dropped some liquid wrench where the end meets the pin and will give it another go tomorrow.
Even the pin is not moving.  It looks like the clearance on the other side of the hookswitch assembly would not allow me enough room to push the pin out enough to remove the hook and then try to reinsert it for reassembly.
Mark

rdelius

Dont mess with the pin, The hook just snaps in.As I mentioned, push down on the switch roller on the switch and pull the hook up and out

Mark S

It worked!  I was not depressing the roller.  Thanks for your help, once you know the trick, it's actually very simple.
Mark