News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Have you figured out what type of #2 dial that is?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

More items.  Not sure what the first item is - it's marked Western Electric  4C. 

Solid brass/bronze plaque.  Was attached to a building or sidewalk?
Dave

wds

Sargeguy - No, I haven't taken it apart yet.  I will do that today.
Dave

wds

Western Electric Data Phone 804 B1.  Anyone know if that top cover opens up?

Bell System Wheelock Duo Potential Signal.  KS-8229-L13

Kellogg Banjo Phone  North Galion phone - this is a "before" picture - anxious to see if I can clean it up.
Dave

wds

Pictures of the butt set with the #2 dial.
Dave

AE_Collector

"Bell System Wheelock Duo Potential Signal.  KS-8229-L13"

Potentially a "Code Call" Chime for anyone looking for one. PEI Dave was looking but pretty sure he got one.

Terry

wds

Here's an interesting item.  A piece of a cable that was removed from service in 1905 in Pittsburgh(?) PA, then relocated to Shadyside Ohio.  The author didn't know when the cable was originally placed in service, but obviously it's quite old.  He says that only a few of these samples are in existence.
Dave

wds

The letter
Dave

AE_Collector

13 gauge...WoW! Likely trunk cables between Exchanges unless was for long distance circuits. Open wire of course was large gauge wire good for trunks and long distance circuits but cable isn't usually that heavy. Eventually repeaters and amplifiers then Carrier relieved the need for heavy gauge to minimize losses on long circuits.

I've read about cable being removed here and reinstalled elsewhere too. Once outgrown it can still be used somewhere else.

Terry

wds

First item - not sure what it is.  Don't see a part number.

2565 HK with a rolodex automatic dialer and power supply.

AE space maker.

Dave

wds

Nice Blue AE spacemaker. 

Kellogg spacemaker - can't tell from the picture but it's brown.  Dial card says Select O Phone.

I think a Stromberg Space Maker.  Interesting dial card.
Dave

Payphone installer

I have bought many collections, fun ain't it. 8)

wds

Yes it is.  Although I've only unpacked about half of the collection and I'm out of room.  Maybe the city will let me put a very large room addition on my tool shed.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

The fun and excitement never end :)

We look forward to the opening of the Central Ohio Telephone Museum.

Larry

AE_Collector

"Rolodex Dialer" is a DASA Corp "MagiCall Dialer". Needs a programmer so watch for it. It's a dial in a plastic box with a short cord that plugs on to the plug in the back of the Dialer. You will think the dial is broken because it has no speed governed, wind it up, let it go and it seems like it keeps picking up speed until it hits the stop. Is the key set and Dialer black or brown? Looks brown in the picture.

Sand Beige AE 183 SpaceMaker

FORGET me Not Blue AE 83 SpaceMaker that looks identical to one I have. The painted metal body stays blue and the plastic handset turns green looking exactly like AE Turquoise!

Terry