News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New phones for me

Started by Phonesrfun, November 11, 2012, 02:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

I went to an estate auction today which featured several neat phone items.  I always like to add things to my collection that I don't already have.  It seems that too often, I seem to collect many of the same things.  As many phones as I already have, I have very few wood magneto wall phones, and until today, I had no fiddlebacks.  As of today, I now have two.  A Western Electric 301 fiddleback, and a Sweedish-American fiddleback.  I also won a replica of a very early AG Bell "camera" phone.  (No, not an iPhone!)  :)

The WE 301 has a pony OST receiver and the Sweedish-American has a butter stamp receiver and an orignal rattlesnake cord. 

All these items are in absolutely great shape, as is typical of all the items this man owned.

Here are some photos:

-Bill G

stub

Bill,
     Great find!!!!!! Sweet!!!!
      My Am.E  200  LB wall phone is waiting for a call from the WE 301. You know you have to build the adapter ;D    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

DavePEI

Wow. Incredible finds (all of them!) Love the Bell Camera phone repro. Someday, I hope to find one like that for the museum. It is beautiful!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

Nice!  You did better than I did yesterday.  Anita and I went to an "Estate" sale nearby that was advertised in the paper.  What a joke, the place was practically empty. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e