News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telecom Salvage Operation

Started by Babybearjs, January 24, 2020, 08:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:) well, last night I got a e-mail from a guy who has an old 1A2 system he wants gone.... went to the business loctaion today and he has about 6 2565 desk sets as well as a 10 button call director, all originally run through a ITT 501 KTS. I'm going to offer him $150 for the lot and pull the KTS out of its present location. he has no idea of value and really doesn't care to much... they are using wireless phones right now (cellular) because its just easier that way. he also had a bunch of old dot-matrix printer that he wants gone too, but I have no use for them. I'll post pictures after I acquire the equipment.  this is going to be interesting....
John

oldguy

It sounds like a fun project.
Gary

Babybearjs

I'm offering $150.00 for the equipment.
John

Contempra

Are there any updates for your project , John ?

Babybearjs

as far as updates go, no.... I just have been getting my ICM back online and have been building computers. I have 3 AMD Ryzen based systems that are selling for a base price of $350.00 one of the builds is my "Super Server" a Ryzen build that host 12 hard drives.... imagine how many movies and photos you could put on that! I got the chassis for $10.00 at an electronics thrift store here in Boise... and went from there... the chassis is a Coolermaster chassis that is one of the nicest I've seeen in a long time... hosts up to 4 3.5" drives and 2 2.5" laptop drives. I added a 4 2.5 hot swap drive bay that brings the total to 12... a monster of a machine! other than that, I really haven't been doing must in the telecom area... I had someone steal my 55 gallon tote filled with tons of telephones parts this last fall.... 20 years worth of parts.... now I have to start all over! and then the roof on my house needs replacing so that a priority right now.... crazy times!
John

MMikeJBenN27

He is not too bright I guess.  Great find for you though!

Mike

HowardPgh

Babybearjs please check your PM inbox. I have a question regarding an ad you had a while back.
Howard

Babybearjs

to everyone. the KTS I had is gone now. I was unable to sell it and wound up salvaging the unit out and I got rid of the chassis but saved the 66 blocks, the PSU, and the 400 series KTU cards. I am in the process of switching over to all cellular phone service and am looking for a cellular gateway that supports analog (voip) phone service. right now I have T-Mobile and am trying to get my 2 centurylink phone numbers ported over to T-mobile. I hope they can do it....
John