News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

One Part SC.. Two Parts WE = $270

Started by Doug Rose, November 19, 2012, 01:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone watch this? It is a beautiful phone and highkiteflyer has some nice phones.... BUT $270. A SC base with a WE E1 and then a later WE dial with an unknown dial cup. It doesn't even look like a normal phone. I am at a loss...but it isn't $270....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300814851024
Kidphone

HarrySmith

I saw that too! Quite a frankenfone. Gues some buyer who was not a collector must have liked the look!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

wds

I recently sold three "made in china" reproduction dial holders just like that one.  They even had the phillips head screws in the side.  One of them must have found it's way to this phone! 
Dave

poplar1

It's similar to this one from phoneco:

PHONECO inc. 19813 East Mill Road · Post Office Box 70 · Galesville, WI 54630
Phone: (608) 582-4124 · Fax: (608) 582-4593

ART DECO TELEPHONES FROM THE 20'S, U.S. AND EUROPEAN PHONES, ORIGINALS & REPRODUCTION

Items From: Art Decorator Phones of the 20s  
This is classic art deco, this beautifully restored phone will add charm to you dining room, library, or den. The phone has been completely refurbished. Bakelite parts have been cleaned and polished to a like new shine. Metal surfaces are cleaned polished and painted as needed. The dial has been carefully cleaned and calibrated to provide years of troublefree service. This phone is fully functional and comes with a 6 ft. line cord with a modular end. The phone is ready to be plugged into your home system. There is a 30 day return privilege and the phone has a one year warranty.
SSCRD·································$250.00
Your cost ································N/A

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.