"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial Intercom PCB card

Started by WesternElectricBen, July 14, 2013, 06:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Hey,

After having my shoebox KSU sitting on the floor of my room not doing much as I don't have a intercom card in it, contacting a few people who might have leads to the part but no luck. I should have originally posted on this forum..

What I need is a WORKING "Dial Intercom PCB" card. I will pay for everything, or I can trade for the dial intercom card for a couple K400E cards.

Just PM me if you have anything.

Thank you,
Ben

AE_Collector

Are you wanting an external IC like a Mitel with a 25 pair amphenol plug with a cable? Are you going to power it from the KsU power supply? You probably want a DP or one that will do DP and TT?

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on July 14, 2013, 07:58:37 PM
Are you wanting an external IC like a Mitel with a 25 pair amphenol plug with a cable? Are you going to power it from the KsU power supply? You probably want a DP or one that will do DP and TT?

Terry

English doc, English!

No really, I'm looking for the kind that you just slide in the slot.

Thanks,
Ben

Weco355aman

If this is the one that was given to Ben by Shane young, Then hi is after
a ITT 601A 10 station tt/dp intercom. It plugs into the last slot of the 601.
Out of the 100' 601 ksu's that i installed only once did i install a ITT intercom.
The were a (pos). They were used with the deluxe 1A2 phones with built-in
Call announcers. Very static sensitive.
Phil

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Weco355aman on July 14, 2013, 08:31:38 PM
If this is the one that was given to Ben by Shane young, Then hi is after
a ITT 601A 10 station tt/dp intercom. It plugs into the last slot of the 601.
Out of the 100' 601 ksu's that i installed only once did i install a ITT intercom.
The were a (pos). They were used with the deluxe 1A2 phones with built-in
Call announcers. Very static sensitive.

Yes, how did you know?

Do you advise to use a outboard intercom as the cards aren't good?

Ben

AE_Collector

Did WECo make a dial selective intercom that plugs into a card slot? I have no idea. They likely made two way intercoms that plugged in but no idea about a dial IC. It would have a connector on the front for the outputs and just pick up power off the bus....I assume. Even if you got an outboard IC they generally have a single common talk path and what you are doing when you dial a station is ringing the buzzer in the station that you are calling.

Terry

WesternElectricBen

So what were saying is to just use a outboard intercom?

AE_Collector

Outboard would be cheap to free and support at least 10 and up to 19 stations. I have seen lots of them in the scrap metal bins at work. You will want a cable with it. Do you have a 66 block or something similar to terminate the cable on?

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Shane said 16 though I might have miss heard him.

We have regular wires though I'm not sure if we will need a special wireing harnus to connect it to the slot in the KSU?

Thanks,
Ben

poplar1

The 401A KTU is the 4" Intercom Card that will fit in the same slot as the 400-type Line Card. It is called a "manual" intercom because the signaling is done with "buttons and buzzers."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160902614892

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

Here's the fun part: the buttons---these came in at least 3 sizes: 1 button, 4 button and 8 button.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310704841341

There was a phone man here in Atlanta named Red Hooks that all the other techs had to go behind after he had worked on these at City Hall. He would always screw up the wiring. His standard line was, "What you have here is raw batt'ry [sic]."

AE_Collector

Outboard dial IC is much more likely what Ben wants.

Terry

poplar1

Hey Ben, notice which two pins are missing on the 400D card: 3 and 18. That's because they are  the input for A Battery (filtered 24 Volts DC) for the intercom.

poplar1

Quote from: AE_Collector on July 14, 2013, 10:57:45 PM
Outboard dial IC is much more likely what Ben wants.

Terry

Yes, I recall the previous discussion about that. But if he wants to use a card slot in the 551 KSU, a 401A card is another possibility. As Skyrider mentioned, for a small installation you can convert one or more keys on the telephone set to signal buttons and use a 401A card.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: poplar1 on July 14, 2013, 10:24:51 PM
The 401A KTU is the 4" Intercom Card that will fit in the same slot as the 400-type Line Card. It is called a "manual" intercom because the signaling is done with "buttons and buzzers."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160902614892

Ah yes,

I have one of those but I heard the dial is much better. And the one I have doesn't work!

Ben