"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BoBo Phone - I’ve never seen one before today

Started by markosjal, January 13, 2018, 10:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

OOOOH (or AYE) CHIHUAHUA

I have a friend that was in an antque store in Chihuahua and sent me pictures of the old phones as she kept finding more and more. Most were models I had seen before however this one seems to stand out. It MIGHT be an Ericsson ????

================edit
I just compared dial numbers font on a NT Alexander Graham and they appear to have the numbers in the same typeface although this could be that this is just a really bad clone of the Alexander Graham?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

of course this might just end up in the "hideous telephones" list.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Mark

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

rdelius

paul-f

Quote from: rdelius on January 13, 2018, 10:57:16 PM
I think it is Italian.

It is.  "BOBO" by Telcer.

These consistently seem to sell for good money on ebay.

Search the forum for BOBO to find more photos and discussion.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

That name just makes me start to laugh! "Hey, have you seen my new BoBo"?

Obviously Cell phones hadn't been remotely thought about yet when the branded these the most mobile phone ever!

But, it is sort of a neat design...I'd grab it if not too outrageously priced!

Terry

markosjal

"bobo" should make you laugh . In Spanish it means clown and probably the same in Italian.

AE_Collector

Well, obviously a great design as it is working!

Are you going to get It?

Terry

markosjal

worth the 20 USD or so they want for it. One on ebay for 590 USD from italy another 170 Euros also from Italy

Gonna see if my friend will pick it up for me!

AYE CHIHUAHUA!

AE_Collector

Not to mention the shipping cost from Europe! Better grab that one while you can.

Terry

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

TelePlay

That phone was posted in the Auction Talk topic "Hideous Phones" about 4 years ago and apparently made popular by ABBA in one of their album releases.

All that is at the link:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1351.msg107555#msg107555

markosjal

As I said it would end up there in "hideous phones" . I guess I should have looked there FIRST.

Mark

TelePlay

Quote from: markosjal on January 14, 2018, 11:43:26 AM
As I said it would end up there in "hideous phones" . I guess I should have looked there FIRST.

Mark

That's a long and hard topic to search for phones. The Photobucket album of about 100 phone still works (link at the top of the first post in that topic

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1351.0

but should migrate them back to a place on the forum before Photobucket makes their next "gimme money" move.

The Bobo phone was in memory because I posted it way back then.

My next project, I guess, moving photos to the forum. Did it with other phone collections so should problem make these "safe" as well.

markosjal

AE_Collector

Well, everyone knew that there had to be ONE person somewhere who didn't like ABBA.

The "Bring back ABBA" coalition...

markosjal

ok, so I got in touch with the guy from the antique store (really a junk store it seems) , and he confirmed rthe price of 380 pesos . He is getting me a shipping price.

Accordinfg to XE.com 380 pesos is $20.08 plus shipping will cost me another $7 or $8 USD I am guessing , maybe $10 at max.

I can see from the images some problems already like the nuts missing that hold the metal handle on it seems , also there appears to be no line cord. Not insurmountable problems but to be dealt with nonetheless. Not likely I will find an original line cord but think I may have something close in round cable.

Less than 30 USD and I have not found a single one that sold for less than 170 Euros ($207 USD at todays exchange rate), so I must be doing okay.

I almost thought this was a toy phone when I first waw it in the pics among others .

Too bad I am not an Abba fan!

Mark