News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Google Browser

Started by Mark Stevens, October 24, 2008, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stevens

Anyone else tried the new browser from Google, Chrome? (yes, that's a completely dumb name they gave it)  I just installed it earlier today, but so far it's been fine... and fast. It seems to load pages much quicker than either IE or Firefox.  What do y'all (that's Texan) think?

Bill Cahill

Mark, I hesitate to use anything different than I E. I have had several non computer related internet browsers I tried that were always installing adware on my computer, and, spying on where I was going. So, this has scared me off.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

mienaichizu

I'd better stick with firefox

Mark Stevens

Quote from: mienaichizu on October 27, 2008, 03:50:09 AM
I'd better stick with firefox

I believe I'm going to do the same.  Google's browser loads pages extremely fast, but that's really the only way that it's better than Firefox.

Dennis Markham

From what I've picked up along the way, I was under the impression that much of the Adware and other problems were designed to work with I.E. since the majority of people use that browser.  Initially Mozilla had some problems with Firefox not being compatible with everything that is out there.  But most of their upgrades have rectified those problems.  Every once in a while I'll stumble onto a  web site that is not standards compliant and Firefox won't work properly.  But for the most part it has been smooth-sailing for me with Firefox for several years now.  I also stay away from Microsoft's e-mail programs too (Outlook & Outlook Express) and use Mozilla's Thunderbird.  It works great.......so far.