News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W.E. B mount with an F1?

Started by BDM, May 16, 2014, 02:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Watched this little vid with some color 500s, and a B mount with an F1 handset. I've never seen one with an F1 but I'm sure I'll be enlightened :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVW_8AVC_HQ
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Sargeguy

The E-1 handsets were replaced by F-1s on D-1 and B-1s.  I have a couple that I found that way, both with black rubber cords.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

poplar1

Perfectly acceptable technology for 1956, presumably installed a year earlier, though the 8A ringer (634A subset) and 4H dial may a bit dated.

Part of the plot was the wife's wish for a more modern house, where the 202 is updated to a green 500, and extensions are added in the new kitchen (red 554) and redecorated bedroom (white 500D or yellow 500U--lighted dial). The clicks produced by the 4H dial are the inspiration for the composer-husband's new tune.

Nice gray 592 set for the boss (early Speakerphone transmitter included in set). And the guardian angel has an early cell phone: a 1011C PBX/CO dial test set painted white with antenna added.
Or is it one of the metal test sets?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

My friend Tom started as an installer/repairman in downtown Atlanta in the 1950s. He said the trucks were stocked for them at night. They would often get 302s placed on the trucks for their service orders---the 500s were needed more for rural areas where the loops were longer. But sometimes, they would get 202s instead. They were always packed in brown paper sacks. They had rubber cords and F-type handsets.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

BDM

Yep. Just found it odd they would update such an old model being it was almost 30 y.o. by that point. Interesting to say the least.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Doug Rose

I have a B1 with an F1, that was painted VERY professional Ivory with a gold overtone. One of my favorite phones. Sorry...really old pic form the ATCA archives 2007....Doug
Kidphone

mentalstampede

My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

twocvbloke

The kitchen phone part of that film was featured in The Secret life of Machines - The telephone (can't be bothered to find the specific bit, so here's the full episode!!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCgCSMq5Xpo

Cos everybody needs a bright red kitchen phone... ;D