News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

An English telephone collector is stopping by.

Started by Jim Stettler, May 16, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

My sister just  called me  regarding a Telephone collector from England that will be in town tomorrow. He wants an American set  to take back to England. I talked with him and he is interested in telephones from the beginning thru the rotary sets.
He will be stopping by tomorrow, I suspect he will be able to find at least one set to take back home. ;) .

I don't think he is on the forum, but I will tell him about it.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

LarryInMichigan

Is he bringing anything for trade?  How about a green GPO 262 for a green WE 500 :)?

Larry

twocvbloke

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 16, 2014, 06:49:20 PM
Is he bringing anything for trade?  How about a green GPO 262 for a green WE 500 :)?

Larry

That's like swapping a Ferrari for a Fiat 126... :P

And it's a 232, the 262 was something different:

http://www.britishtelephones.com/t262.htm

;D

LarryInMichigan

twocvbloke

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 16, 2014, 07:00:05 PM
Sorry, I meant a 162.

Larry

The 162 never came in green, it's virtually identical replacement, the 232, did though... :)

LarryInMichigan

Fine, I shall be happy with a green 232 then ;D

Larry

Jim Stettler

The collector stopped by. He is a retired British Telcom Engineer. We had a nice visit and he ended up with a very small Devau wood wall set. This was one of my "3x5 phones".( It is slightly larger than a 3x5 card and is most likely an intercom).

Our wives had fun, My wife enjoyed the chance to commiserate about being married to a collector and his wife realized that he is only slightly infected with phonietis. (This is to his advantage)

I will be emailing him  some telephone links for the forum, atca, TCI as well as a few other sites.

He was surprised to hear about telephone shows and I suspect his future visits to the US include trying to attend some of them.
Jim

A great time was had by all.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.