News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

line linking....

Started by Babybearjs, December 13, 2015, 06:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

does anyone know how one can get a private IC line installed using Centrylink lines between 2 mobile home lots (3 trailers apart) what would I have to do to get this done? What would I have to ask for? we have a neighbor who has heart problems and asked about this.... would the phone company do this for a residential setup??
John

Phonesrfun

I think it would be easier to run a pair of wires between the trailers and put in a ring-down circuit in.  I am sure the phone company can do it, but they would probably charge an arm and a leg to set it up and then you have the monthly charge.
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Agreed. DIY or you will pay mileage charges and a big install price. Ultimately better for the neighbor to have LifeLine service or a monitored security system with a wireless pendant. With an intercom it is useless if you are out when it is needed.

JMHO....Terry

Phonesrfun

This really sends me down memory lane.  The very thing that got me interested in phones dates back to the mid '60's when my neighbor and I (we were teen-agers) ran a wire between our houses and first tried to connect a home-made telegraph.  That didn't work out so well, but one of our dads had an "illegal" phone.  We bummed another one off a phone man.  Our wire had a million splices in it because it was made from extension cords, sections of inside wire and Lord knows what all we spliced together.  It was really noisy, especially when it rained.  We used a 6-volt lantern battery.  First, we had to call each other on the house phone to tell the other to meet up on our line because we had no way of ringing each other.  Over the space of a couple years, we eventually got some magnetos to ring each other and wound up getting enough drop wire from a lineman that actually spanned the whole distance between houses.  We had a lot of fun with it.  We even connected a third neighbor.  Our wires were run down the fences.

-Bill G

Babybearjs

Easier said then done.... the neighbor live 3 houses down.... but I will tell her about the lifeline service.....
John