News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay seller hfred

Started by trainman, February 24, 2016, 05:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman

Who is ebay seller hfred? They are associated with PhoneCo. Is this Ron?

Jack Ryan

Yes it is.

Where is the eBay handles list stored these days - it would tell you

Jack

trainman

Also found something searching google that said their business is for sale.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: trainman on February 24, 2016, 06:13:58 PM

It is, but not on eBay :)

Jack

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Jack Ryan on February 24, 2016, 06:19:14 PM
Quote from: trainman on February 24, 2016, 06:13:58 PM

It is, but not on eBay :)

Jack

Phoneco has been up for sale for quite a while.  The buyer will be making quite a commitment.  There is a huge amount of stuff included in the deal.  The property and inventory are located in a very small town in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin which probably doesn't help its buyer appeal.

Larry

Jim Stettler

The price is suppose to be less than the Real estate value.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

TelePlay

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 24, 2016, 07:25:52 PM
The property and inventory are located in a very small town in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin which probably doesn't help its buyer appeal.

Well, not quite nowhere. Galesville is in a very scenic part of the state. The southwestern corner covered with rolling hills filled with great apple trees, grown commercially. Also close to the Mississippi river. Other than that, Larry got it right, not much else, other than the taxes are low, the schools are good and the crime rate is very low  (but no major airport) . . .   ;)  Really a nice, bucolic area if you like that style of living.

hfred was also discussed in this topic.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15614.msg162194#msg162194

Babybearjs

I hope that whoever buys the business will relocate it to a better place... A place better known and will have the facilities to make the company grow. a lot of is need for some of these phones is woodworking and metal plating... plus have a plastics manufacturer around is good too... having to outsource restoration can be costly.... but sometimes necessary.  does anyone know about what Phoneco can actually do at there facility?
John

WEBellSystemChristian

The only things I ask of the new Phoneco are better Customer Service and a functioning website that's younger than me! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Babybearjs

John

Phonesrfun

Every website is younger than me!  :)

See:

www.computerhistory.org/timeline/1951/
-Bill G

poplar1

Quote from: Jim S. on February 24, 2016, 10:39:41 PM
The price is suppose to be less than the Real estate value.
Jim S.

I seem to recall Ron telling me that the building was a former shoe factory, about 30,000 square feet, and that he had bought it for around $30,000. At the time (1986), they had just started moving into the building. His son and son-in-law already had their "lab" there, where they had designed the network with warbler that replaces the standard transmitter guts in a candlestick phone. The rest of the operation was still located in various buildings next to Ron's and Mary's residence.

http://phonecoinc.com/topic.asp?map=1&horh=home&gorl=list&group=main&category=CandPart&topic=01023
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

A few years ago I gave Ron a call to ask him about the business. Trying to get some idea of what was there and the value. After 3 hours on the phone I knew everything about his family and nothing about the business!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Not trying to figure this out but first there was hfred and now there is techno-aide, who sells out of Galesville and also uses thumbnail images off of the Phonecoinc site to sell high priced stuff, like these sticks.

Not saying anything one way or the other, just noticed this now and pointing it out. I just don't understand the point of one, poor image to sell a multi-hundred dollar item.