"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pink 1500 on ebay BiN right now!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, April 12, 2014, 08:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 13, 2014, 12:21:44 PM
Ahhhh, it's okay. I was heavily thinking about buying it, but after I looked at how discolored it is, and the incorrect case, I though I'd try to bid and win it for less..

I may be missing something.  Why is the housing incorrect??

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 13, 2014, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 13, 2014, 12:21:44 PM
Ahhhh, it's okay. I was heavily thinking about buying it, but after I looked at how discolored it is, and the incorrect case, I though I'd try to bid and win it for less..

I may be missing something.  Why is the housing incorrect??

Notice how on the case, the Bell System logo is in a circle, if I remember correctly, up until 1970 they used the rectangle. Meaning, this is a post 1970 case.

Ben

Dennis Markham

Fabius

Why would a post 1970 case be made for a 10 button TT pad? Unless the face plate is covering up something? Thanks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Fabius on April 13, 2014, 07:14:06 PM
Why would a post 1970 case be made for a 10 button TT pad? Unless the face plate is covering up something? Thanks.
My guess would be that the cases were the same, and the face plate, and keypad determined whether 10, or 12 button. Could be mistaken; wouldn't be the first time. ;D

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

paul-f

Good guess.

When they ran out of 10-button faceplates, they used 12-button faceplates with an apparatus blank to fill the two unused holes.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

TelePlay

Sold for $132.50 plus $21 shipping. 3 bidders and 4 bids.

Item received no new, higher, bids in the with just short of 4 days left in the 5 day auction.

Market price reached early on in the auction, I guess.

JimH

Quote from: Fabius on April 13, 2014, 07:14:06 PM
When I was a kid we switched to touch tone phones about 1974.  Two 2500s and one (obviously refurbished) 1500.  It was before anyone needed the # or * key, so no one complained.  I remember wondering why one was missing those keys.  It had a 10 button faceplate, though, no "blanks" in it.
Jim H.

allnumbedup

I am adding to this thread because I am right now working on a pink 1500 which has a round logo on the case which is dated 66, but then I also recently restored an aqua 2500 with a rectangular logo on the modular case which is dated 82. So while "rectangles going away around 1970" may be a good rule of thumb there must be exceptions too. I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere: I couldn't find it.
Analog Phones for a Digital World