News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Roman Column Candlestick find

Started by Gary Z, January 25, 2018, 02:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Z

Recently I came across a website for a pawn shop out of state and found this gem. An 1896 Stromberg-Carlson Roman Column Candlestick listed for sale for a whopping $99.95. I immediately called the shop and found out that it was still available. I asked if they would ship it and they agreed but it was last Saturday and they couldn't get it out until Monday. It was a restless weekend because they did not take down the ad. By Monday morning I noticed that my credit card had been charged for the phone with another $25 for shipping and the ad was taken down later that day.

Well, today was the day. Aside from the clear plastic bottom base cover...It exceeded my expectations. It was difficult to calmly inquire about the phone with the pawn shop when I am jumping up and down and screaming on the inside. I know this is a great find, but how great of a find is it? Is there a dollar amount range of sales in the past. This has found a home on my desk but I don't want it to end up at a garage sale after I am done with it.

Gary Z

AE_Collector

Anxiously awaiting pictures....assume you are working in it?

<edit> just checked, Gary is still working in this post. Stay tuned....

Terry

<edit><edit> stopped editing and no pictures, need pictures, can't images how good a find this is - might be a Find of the Month?

TelePlay

Gary Z

Finally able to post some pictures. Now if only I can get the in the correct position.

AE_Collector

Want me to fix them for you?

DONE.

That's got to be the Find of the Month!

Terry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 25, 2018, 07:38:07 PM
Want me to fix them for you?

DONE.

That's got to be the Find of the Month!

Terry

I second that
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Pourme

Find of the Month is getting interesting!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Ed Morris

Great find.  I didn't realize desk sets were made before the turn of the 20th century.
Ed