News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pictures of 2003 Cortelco 500 baseplate

Started by phoneguy06, January 14, 2009, 10:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoneguy06

So I will fill in where McHeath left off, these are a couple of shots of the baseplate of a new 2003 Cortelco 500. Of interest of course is the phrase "Assembled in USA" and the little blue dot sticker. I wonder why that's there? There's also a red pen mark through the baseplate label...weird. Unfortunately, the one that I was sent had obviously been repacked. Although it is obviously new, the box was more than a little squished, the dial card got folded in half underneath the phone, and the twist tie was missing from the line cord. There's also a scratch on the front of the case. Oh, well, $20 for a new 500 with a volume control handset still is a great deal.

McHeath

Too bad about the damage to the box and the scratch on the front of the phone.  Remember that in 50 years we will be rich beyond our wildest dreams with these NOS late model 500 rotary phones, I plan to use mine to finance a lifestyle of pure hedonism in some tropical isle. 

Mine also has the red pen mark over the label on the baseplate, but the Cortelco 2500s at work do not.  They are all from the early 2000s as well.  For some reason I get great satisfaction owning a 21st century rotary phone.

deedubya3800

As do I! My 9-01 Cortelco 500 has the same pen mark across the label, except this one is either black or blue ink. And my dot is green.