News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOR SALE *** NOS 1953 Telephone MFC CO LTD London Metal Military Heavy Wall Phone

Started by Doug Rose, October 07, 2018, 07:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have had this for years. I stumbled across another in my phone room. Yes....I had two. I was born in 1953 so this is special...but I don't need two. Locking bakelite handset, this displays wonderfully. It is in excellent never used condition.

It is 65 years old!!

If this is something you would like for you collection.....PM me an offer.....Doug
Kidphone

Owain

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 07, 2018, 07:59:21 AM
I have had this for years. I stumbled across another in my phone room. Yes....I had two. I was born in 1953 so this is special...but I don't need two.

They deserve to be kept together, and preferably on a ringdown circuit so they can talk to each other. They'll get lonely without each other :-)

Doug Rose

its all about space in the Phone Room. It is never easy sending a phone that was in my collection to a new home. I have done it more times than I can remember and have had no regrets, Hopefully that will continue  :-\...Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 07, 2018, 08:44:50 AM
its all about space in the Phone Room.

So, put the second one in your basement shop and have an intercom.

Problem solved.   ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Quote from: paul-f on October 07, 2018, 11:51:24 AM
So, put the second one in your basement shop and have an intercom.

Problem solved.   ;)
Paul....I can talk to myself without needing another phone .... ::)....Doug
Kidphone

RB

Just don't do too much of it...
They send the men in white suits for people that talk to themselves a lot... :D

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 07, 2018, 05:58:50 PM
Paul....I can talk to myself without needing another phone .... ::) ....Doug

Then put one in the shop and one in the kitchen so you can order room service.   :)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

rdelius

These are sound powered sets. Used to sell them at COT. Had to replace the handset guts to use on standard telephone lines.I think we added a buzzer for signaling