News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECO 500 in Light Yellow?

Started by Sargeguy, June 14, 2009, 09:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

The same friend who gave me the early 554 also gave me a 73 dated 500.  At first I thought it was a harvest gold or lemon yellow phone that had faded to a straw-like color. I didn't pay it much attention to it, focused as I was on the soft plastic 554.  When I finished fiddling with the 554 I took the 500 out of my trunk for a closer look and discovered that it wasn't faded-its color was uniform and matched the inside of the caps.  It also has a matching line cord.  I have never encountered this color before.  I checked the WECO color chart on paul-f's site.  It shows light yellow. which looks like the best match.  It cleaned up nicely and works fine (of course).  It was missing a ringer but that was easily fixed from the junk pile.  The phone looks lighter to the naked eye than it does in these pictures.  The cord in the second picture is more of a match to the actual color of the phone.

Here are the pics:

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

Sargeguy;
What's the dial color code number ? 72 ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

I didn't see a code on the dial.  Its a 9 dial from 1973, did they put color codes on them that late?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

To be honest, I don't know ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath