Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

ITT Alarm Clock - BTMC phone with clock
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

paul-f

ITT Viva - made in Mexico.

HarrySmith

Interesting. I like the Domino one, cool shape. The Viva must be from the early 70's, "MOD" colored stripes, Right On
Man ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

Classic - made in Singapore.

paul-f

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 02, 2020, 03:20:49 PM
Interesting. I like the Domino one, cool shape. The Viva must be from the early 70's, "MOD" colored stripes, Right On
Man ;D

The ads are dated in 1979 and the date code on the Viva is 11-79. Retro?

rdelius

Had a couple of the Mexican Viva sets. A friend joked that they were made by Taco Bell.

Babybearjs

its funny how times have changed..... Now, I have the ITT Own-A-Phone Business collection! the 564 and 2564 phones...
John

paul-f

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 05, 2020, 02:21:06 AM
its funny how times have changed..... Now, I have the ITT Own-A-Phone Business collection! the 564 and 2564 phones...

Do they have the Own-A-Phone sticker on the bottom? How about some photos?

Babybearjs

they don't, they were all collected.... but its fun because they never offered multiline phones for home use, yet I have them....
John

19and41

Those phones are relatively attractive.  All the ITT phones I see around here are the bare bones commercial soulless types.  :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

tallrick

I have an ITT ownaphone in my kitchen as it has been since 1983! Brown, wall mount with an add-on retractable cord also was branded ITT but was added on later.

MMikeJBenN27

Those "regular" phones were cheap, but the "exotic" ones cost more.

Mike

FABphones

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on March 18, 2023, 01:57:03 PMThose "regular" phones were cheap, but the "exotic" ones cost more.

Interesting. Which versions were considered exotic. Could you add a photo or two.
:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

markosjal

I have one of the "Viva" phones here except mine is branded Indetel and came from Mexico. It was originally Touch Pulse but I converted it to touch tone still using the original plastic buttons.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

MMikeJBenN27

What I mean by exotic are the ones that look like French phones, antique phones, etc. vs the common ordinary phones that were in most people homes and in commercial establishments.

Mike