News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Greetings, from Ballard

Started by Jimster, August 01, 2014, 01:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimster

I recently purchased a WE 317S with the intention of getting it to ring and using it the bottom part to store my handheld as it doesn't have a magneto.  The rest is in original condition save the contents which I found out have been tinkered with a bit.  I met Bill G via the phone and he's a great help explaining the phone and walking me through the wiring of the ringer.
I never realized how many really interesting phones are still out there.  I saw a WE Type 124 and Bill sent me photos of his 293.  WOW, just amazing work on the 293! I'm on the hunt for a compact phone now and getting interested in candlestick phones as well.
Thanks Dennis for a wonderful site.  Jimster
You have a call on line 2.

LarryInMichigan

Welcome Jimster.  Be warned that hanging around this forum can lead to a massive buildup of telephones, and possibly other things.  You may want to consider leaving now while you still have room left in your house :D

Larry

Phonesrfun

Welcome Jimster.
Larry:  I tried not to scare him away by discloding the habit-forming nature of this hobby
Jim:  You will find this to be a pretty knowledgeable place on all things telephones.
-Bill
-Bill G

Jimster

I'm warned!  I spent my lunch looking at phones.   ;D

Mr. Bones

Welcome, Jimster!

Glad to have you here. Always remember that "We wants pictures!" (Have to get our fix, as well!) ;D

Make yourself to home, and enjoy!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Greg G.

We might be neighbors, I'm not sure.  Ballard is a neighborhood in Seattle, but your local time on your profile says your 3 hrs ahead of me.  Either way, welcome!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Jimster

I'm in Ballard.  I just fixed my time.  I'm a newbie to vintage phones and getting more interested in them every day.

dsk

twocvbloke

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on August 01, 2014, 03:32:16 PMBe warned that hanging around this forum can lead to a massive buildup of telephones, and possibly other things.

Especially with buying boxes o' junk just for the one item in said boxes...