"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New WE Payphone Books Coming!

Started by DavePEI, March 18, 2012, 02:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Hi All,

Along with my 1D2 touch-tone single slot telephone if we ever get the shipping straightened out, the following WE payphone books will be coming:

two station service manuals from 1980 (part one and part two)
one coin manual from 1976
two coin service manuals from 1978  (part one and part two)
and three coin service check books from 1971,1978, and  1980

When they arrive, I will PDF them, and post them to the TCI library, so all can access them. It will take me a while to get them scanned, but they, and the information within will be available in the near future.

Now, UPS is up to new tricks. The gentleman sending them, was originally quoted $60 to $100 to ship it all, which I would have expected. When he took it to them, they told him it would cost almost $300. That is what we are trying to work out.

A friend of mine suggested that they priced it at overnight rates, which is what I suspect. Plus of course their exorbitant customs clearance rates.

So when this is all straightened out, and the books are here, as soon as I finish playing with my phone, I will begin scanning.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

G-Man

Fortunately Sam Etler has saved you the hassle by scanning the complete volumes as well as separate sections of the Public Service Craft Manual (PSCM - 325-757 Issue 3 July, 1980 ).

Here is a listing of the table of contents from the TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=10537&Itemid=2

Here is a listing of the individual sections as well as other editions of this handbook:  http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?searchword=coin+service&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=100&option=com_search

I believe the coin check books have also been scanned.         

By the way, Paul Fassbender has announced that the TCI Library has reached a milestone by archiving over 10,000 scanned Bell System, General Telephone Practices and other telephone related documents.

DavePEI

Quote from: G-Man on March 18, 2012, 09:40:50 PM
Fortunately Sam Etler has saved you the hassle by scanning the complete volumes as well as separate sections of the Public Service Craft Manual (PSCM - 325-757 Issue 3 July, 1980 ).

If the excerpt I have been sent is correct - it is the Coin Service manual as opposed to the Public Service Craft Manual, this isn't the same book that is in the library, and only the 1968 coin check books have been scanned that I have  found in library searches so far. These are for different years (71, 78, and 80) and include additional information that isn't in the '68 book.Believe me, I am not so foolish as to waste my time if it is already done.

But, if people don't want me to scan them and make them available, I likewise won't waste my time.

I won't know for certain with the former until it arrives as I have not seen it myself. I have PDF copies of all that is on the library insofar as (large volumes as opposed to individual BSPs) payphone information (in fact you will find links to them in the Payphone Resources message).

Note: There are many individual BSP's for coin phones in the library - too many to list in the Payphone Resources message. To find them, search the library.

I have been a member and strong supporter of  TCI for many years and supporter and contributor to the TCI library with over 400 tool BSPs in the past.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

G-Man

Quote from: DavePEI on March 18, 2012, 09:58:46 PM
Quote from: G-Man on March 18, 2012, 09:40:50 PM

If the excerpt I have been sent is correct - it is the Coin Service manual as opposed to the Public Service Craft Manual, this isn't the same book that is in the library, and only the 1968 coin check books have been scanned that I have  found in library searches so far. These are for different years (71, 78, and 80) and include additional information that isn't in the '68 book.Believe me, I am not so foolish as to waste my time if it is already done.

But, if people don't want me to scan them and make them available, I likewise won't waste my time.

I won't know for certain with the former until it arrives as I have not seen it myself. I have PDF copies of all that is on the library insofar as (large volumes as opposed to individual BSPs) payphone information (in fact you will find links to them in the Payphone Resources message).

I have been a member and strong supporter of  TCI for many years and supporter and contributor to the TCI library with over 400 tool BSPs in the past.

Dave

I simply wanted to make sure you did not waste your time in scanning material that has already been submitted to the library.

Please continue to scan and contribute the rare and valuable documents that are so dear to us collectors!

And hats-off, especially to those who have scanned them by the thousands as well as to Paul Wills, Remco, and Paul Fassbender and Steph Kerman who have managed and uploaded and formatted these submissions as well as for you and the other smaller contributors.

Thanks again and hopefully this will help you gain the recognition you deserve.