News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lancaster Show Info / Thread

Started by kka2446, June 03, 2016, 08:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kka2446

Is there a Lancaster Show thread, if so, can someone direct me to it. I'm looking for any info regarding the size, quality etc of show vendors. My sense by looking at the photos is the show has started to diminish in size ?

Paul-F will you be attending and if so will you be publishing a list of what you might be bringing ( for sale ) ?

Thanks,
John 

Doug Rose

Kidphone

paul-f

Quote from: kka2446 on June 03, 2016, 08:51:46 PM
My sense by looking at the photos is the show has started to diminish in size ?

Paul-F will you be attending and if so will you be publishing a list of what you might be bringing ( for sale ) ?

John,

I wouldn't miss it!

As you probably know, I downsized my for sale stock a lot over the last two years, including sale postings here and a large auction. While there's still a lot left, I don't currently have a list of things I'm bringing, but am open to requests. Feel free to send a PM or email with a want list -- or call.  For extra measure, you might consider posting want lists here and on the TCI listserv. Others planning to bring items can be influenced by knowing there are folks interested in certain items.

Over the next few days, I may post a list of some large items that won't make the cut if they aren't pre-sold.

For the last several years, the show has sold out of sale/display tables by early April, even though we have expanded into another room at the facility.

The show photos are misleading, as most are taken during setup or later in the day. You don't see the crowds, as no one wants to be photographing during the "feeding frenzy."

If you're on the fence, I hope you'll come.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

compubit

Quick question for a first-time attendee...

Since it's too late to get a table (not that I have things planned to sell right now), when should I arrive? Is Friday night only for people with tables? I'll be coming up from DC, and am trying to figure out when I should arrive (Friday night, early Saturday or later Saturday morning...). I'm a member of TCI, if that matters.

Thanks,
Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: compubit on June 04, 2016, 05:03:44 PM
Quick question for a first-time attendee...

Since it's too late to get a table (not that I have things planned to sell right now), when should I arrive? Is Friday night only for people with tables? I'll be coming up from DC, and am trying to figure out when I should arrive (Friday night, early Saturday or later Saturday morning...). I'm a member of TCI, if that matters.

Thanks,
Jim

You can go for as long as you want, whether it is Friday or Saturday. Sometimes it is just nice to meet up with people before you are allowed to buy and sell.

Ben

Sargeguy

I would go Friday.  People start packing up fairly early on Saturday.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

kka2446

Thanks guys,  I've been to the Enfield CT Show many times and from "Sargeguy's" reply it sounds like the wheelin' and dealin' is done Friday night and early Saturday morning...Similar to the Enfield show.  I'm coming in from Central CT ( S.Windsor ) Friday and must return Friday evening, that's why I wanted to get a 'pulse' on the show.

Paul-F,  I will contact you off list for some possible 'wants and needs' : ) that you may have.

Thanks agin,
John     

Sargeguy

The last Enfield show everyone had left by Saturday
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

compubit

Good to know! Registration submitted and paid for!  See y'all Friday evening!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!