"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Turtle wax F-21 Super Protectant

Started by Dan/Panther, March 10, 2009, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I bought a bottle of F-21 Protectant.
I used it on a Soft and Hard plastic cases, it seems to remain for about a day, then it seems to dry out.
Then I applied it to an F-1 handset. Wow!, and it appears to be staying longer, I reapplied it to areas that seem to need more.
I know we've discussed the product. What is the consensous on it's use.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

The handset looks good.  I think maybe on the plastic it is absorbed into the plastic, where it won't on Bakelite?  As mentioned before a friend of mine uses it strictly as a way to protect the plastic from UV light.  I haven't liked it because it seems to smear on the plastic and is slippery.  I have been able to buff it with some effort but I guess for a shelf phone that's OK, as long as it's protecting the plastic from UV discoloration.

Dan/Panther

I have a package of heavy white cotton gloves I bought at Harbor Freight, 10 Pairs for $4.00> I spray the F-21 on the gloves then rub it onto whatever I want to apply it to. I let it set awhile then use Microfiber rags I bought at Wal-Mart, 8 rags for $5.00, theser rags are so soft they will not scratch a CD, and are washable.
Then I buff up the item. I haven't had the smearing that you speak of.
I plan to let a handset sit for awhile without touching it to see if the shine remains. I don't think it will that would be to much to hope for.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson