News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Classic Rotary Phones logo.

Started by Dan/Panther, July 09, 2010, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

How can you tell that I am going through lots of OLD threads on the CRPF!

Here's an idea that appears to have crashed and Burned. Might be worth kicking it around some more?

Terry

HarrySmith

Terry, your sugggestion did not seemn to get much steam. How about it guys? We started off on fire but now it seems to have died. Anyone??
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE40FAN

How about a silhouette of a finger wheel with the Classic Rotary Phones letters embossed across it?  Simple, yet effective....

AE_Collector

Going through the entire thread, it appears that Debbie (Dewdrop) did some designs but her designs along with her posts are all gone now for some reason. The only example remaining is where Dan/Panther took one and added to it and then reposted it at reply #27 on the second page of posts. I have attached a copy of that design here.

Meanwhile I note that the Forum no longer is "America's" Classic Rotary Phone Forum. I do recall Dennis making the change that deleted the word "America's". Other discussion is around the words "Classic" and "Rotary" as it can be argued that only "Rotary" is much less than what we discuss and the word "Classic" was associated with ebaY hype etc. I would say that neither of those words matter, we are the "Classic Rotary Phone Forum" and one only needs to show up to quickly learn that yes we do talk about all types of phones .... and more!

Terry

TelePlay

Terry,

I was going to mention that but thought it was just me not seeing Deb's work anywhere in the thread, and I went through it 3 times.

I like the red logo, blue would work too. Sharp and simple always looks good.

And I agree with what you just said which was the Cliff Note's version of what Dennis said earlier. CRPF covers everything with the generic 302 being a very recognizeable midpoint, IMHO, of course.

HarrySmith

OK, I like that one! Anybody else?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

teka-bb

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 29, 2012, 12:34:18 AM
we are the "Classic Rotary Phone Forum"

Terry

Classic means "something of lasting worth or with a timeless quality", sounds like the CRPF to me :-)
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

teka-bb

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 29, 2012, 06:59:14 AM
OK, I like that one! Anybody else?

I would like to see the word Forum included in Debbie's (or someone else's) work.
Regards,

HarrySmith

You are right! I missed that.

Classic Rotary Phones Forum, just like at the top of this page.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MDK

Here's my humble idea for a dial card... perhaps something similar might make a good logo.

teka-bb

Quote from: MDK on December 29, 2012, 08:45:16 AM
Here's my humble idea for a dial card... perhaps something similar might make a good logo.

I would prefer a logo with a 'classic' phone on it that will also be recognized by the general public.
Regards,

George Knighton

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 29, 2012, 12:34:18 AM...one only needs to show up to quickly learn that yes we do talk about all types of phones .... and more!

I've only been here a short while, and probably shouldn't presume, but I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to have both a 302 and a 500 in the logo, so that prospective contributors know you cover the whole range without having to browse to learn that this is the case.

Or maybe a 202 and a 500, something like that.

Red is not the best colour for focus. 

The light maize that you use for the forums here is a good idea, because it gives you some eye relief while still concentrating on the WORDS, which is the whole point.

Red takes focus away from the words.

With that in mind, from a marketing standpoint, I'd like to suggest that the background colour of the logo be a basic white so that it stands out agains the maize background of the forums and without taking away from the words you eventually decide to include in the logo.
Annoying new poster.

George Knighton

Quote from: MDK on December 29, 2012, 08:45:16 AM

These are great colours to use.  It's not fantastic or ADD, and it causes the viewer to read the words.
Annoying new poster.

George Knighton

These colours and this basic idea that Dan uses are also good, from a serious standpoint, and it does not clash with your eye-relieving, serious, text-biased maize and white schemes.

It would not take much modifying to change this into your header and logo.

I have to do print and media marketing for my medium sized company with about 420 employees, and we are in a regional DMA with about 2500 employees.

That is why I sound like a presumptuous know it all.  I have to deal with this stuff all the time.

Annoying new poster.

MDK

I'm just throwing ideas around. I do like to use the forum colors.