News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Possibly Early Prototype Payphone - ebay

Started by dencins, June 07, 2012, 07:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dencins

Looks like the big guns (deep pockets) came out for this one - $15100.....

Dennis Hallworth

Meant to add ebay numbr 200769610953

AE_Collector

OUCH!

Looks like it's heading here to Canada ....well, Not HERE, just To Canada.

Terry

Phonesrfun

You'd have to collect on a lot of phone calls to make the phone pay for itself!

-Bill G

dsk

:D Maybe not fun at all in English, but for a Norwegian with language as a child. How does a collection of calls look like?
Actually I have problems with the word collect, but it tends to just pop up telephones all over my home ;D

dsk

twocvbloke

I'm just wondering how long it'll be before someone else spots the typo in the title of this thread.... :D

dsk

Sometimes thing cant be translated directly, it has to be rewritten to get it right.

The "reversing the charges" term in Norwegian are noteringsoverføring This word is built up of several terms in one word saying the note or bill to be transferred.

So "collecting calls" are with not knowing the term something not far from collecting memories, quite abstract??

Just as we never understand how you may put the sausage in the pan, and when they are ready they have turned out to be dogs..hot dogs  ;D

dsk

poplar1

david@london---I think Bill meant that it would take a long time for this "coin collector" (Bell term for pay phone) to pay for itself if you figure 5 cents per local call: $15,100 divided by $0.05= 302,000 calls
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on June 07, 2012, 10:49:51 PMhave to collect on a lot of phone calls

have to collect the money from a lot of phone calls

You're interpretation of it the way it was originally written is absolutely correct d_s_k.

Bill was in a hurry and left out a couple of words.....he has a phone show a week from now on his mind!

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 08, 2012, 03:46:45 AM
I'm just wondering how long it'll be before someone else spots the typo in the title of this thread.... :D

Good eye 2cv! You have to really look for that one to see it.

Terry

dencins

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 08, 2012, 03:46:45 AM

Oops.. 

Dennis Hallworth