News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Litton Business Telephne systems , Carterphone , Hush a Phone

Started by markosjal, December 16, 2016, 01:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

I recently bought a princess phone that was branded "Litton BTS" on the handset. . It is quite curious because it has a LARGE WE network and WE dial, although the Mic and Receiver are Audiosears. The only date stamps I can find are from 1959 on the dial and network. There is a terminal card that looks like it came out of a 302 or something.

Being curious of Litton BTS I started Googling and found this.

I thought it had some interesting telephone history in it so I am posting a link to it here

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/700/785/117202/

I thought the references to CarterPhone and Hush a Phone were intersting and are impotant pieces of Telephone history

Mark
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

david@london

some additional interesting info on the Carterphone and the associated legal to & fro here....

http://www.sandman.com/telhist.html

markosjal

I have since discovered that as received the internals o  this phone were identical to the 1959 WE equivalent. I howver now have made it into what some here would call a frankenstien by adding a weight

poplar1

Quote from: markosjal on December 29, 2016, 08:02:55 PM
I have since discovered that as received the internals o  this phone were identical to the 1959 WE equivalent. I howver now have made it into what some here would call a frankenstien by adding a weight

Your network and dial are the same---because they were removed from a Western Electric 1959 701B.
However, the WE 701Bs always had a dial lamp/night light, even in 1959. Why do you say that the 1959 Western Electric Princess sets did not have a lamp, but that WE started installing lamps only in 1960?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

markosjal

yes minus lamp

and I did read this somewhere . WIll see if I can find it.