Main Menu

Kellogg con't part 2

Started by ESS, November 21, 2011, 05:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESS

Info??

AE_Collector

Welcome to the forum ESS!

You can just do a second post in the original thread and then add up to 6 more pictures at a time. No need to start an additional thread. Will just lead to confusion.

Terry

ESS

Do you mean, reply to my original post? To add pictures if more than 6?
Thanks for the help
Ed

LarryInMichigan

Ed,

You can add as many replies to your original post as you need.

Larry

ESS

Thaks for the info on posting!
Also....
Can anyone explain the 818577-L?? what does that signify?
Thanks
Ed

wds

The number is the serial number, the L stands for Local Battery.  I notice the mouth piece has a star in the middle - that's probably a Western Electric mouthpiece.  Is it a little loose in the threads?  The Kellogg thread size is 15/16, the WE is 7/8. 
Dave

ESS

WOW
You all know whats up with things!!!!
Yes, mouth piece threads are loose...I have been trying to figure out why forever....you just solved that riddle for me!

With this serial number, what would be it's estimated age? OR year of manufacture?
You guys are great! The knowledge you all have is amazing me by the minute...just from a few photos!

Thanks all!

LarryInMichigan

The star in the middle of the mouthpiece gives it away as a WE.  At least some of the Kellogg mouthpieces have a 'K' in the center.

Larry

rdelius

The only Kellogg part I see is the transmitter face plate. Every thing elice I see is AE except the WE mouthpiece and the Rec guts. That Kellogg faceplate is most likely pre 1910 .
Robby