News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What do you think of this?

Started by ntophones, December 31, 2009, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntophones

Hey there, what do you think of this phone? Not much to go on by pictures....why do you think no one is bidding?
I'm thinking about it.
Thanks,
nto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=170423976831&Category=38038&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_500wt_1182
( dead link 08-09-21 )
--nto

dsk

1: :) I would love to have one like that, but shipping to Norway is expensive, :( and it says United States.

2:  :) If you want it it may be good to wait until last minute, and then bid. :P

dsk

ntophones

You are right on the waiting part. Thank you.
--nto

HobieSport

ntophones,

My semi-educated guess to why nobody is bidding on the phone is simply that the starting bid seems high.

But the seller seems honest and if the 354 was indeed in a collection of telephones then it may be in decent condition, without chips or cracks and such.

You could also not bid at all, and if the phone doesn't sell when the auction closes, then you could write to the seller about it and come to some friendly mutual terms.

I've personally paid about 30 dollars for 354s in good original condition, and sometimes gotten them for around 20 dollars.

Just some thoughts from an amateur. Let us know what happens. :)

-Matt

LarryInMichigan

I don't remember seeing a 354 for $30.  I expect that it will be bid up to $60 or so in the last seconds, but I would go for, nto.  Other than being upside-down ;), it seems to be in good shape.  The shipping charge is as low as you'll likely ever find.

BTW, the same seller has a coveted SC 1211 with a dial! listed as well.

Larry

HobieSport

-Matt

ntophones

Man, I wish I could go for the SC 1211--what a phone! But, alas, the budget is calling me back to reality! :)
--nto

Dennis Markham

It's at a good price now.  It may move.  I've seen them in antique stores (where things are always higher) in the $40-75 range.  I've found them at flea markets much cheaper than that.