News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

More items from the Bell employee.

Started by ....., October 04, 2017, 06:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I got a phone call from the Bell employee that sold me the phone booth and porcelain Bell sign.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18916.0

He said he had bundled up somethings for me. I went today and picked them up.

It's not a big as wds's put it has some good pieces.

I'll have to make more than one post.

More pictures.

and more.

still more.

Pourme

Very nice, Duffy....I hope you have plenty of room!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

RotarDad

That is a great haul, and a super nice 3-slot.  I believe it is a complete 197, which has the older 101B coil and dual-coil relay.  It was the last version of the 19x (the 197 has a coin return button and pull bucket) before the single-coil 2xx was introduced.
Paul

Quote from: RotarDad on October 05, 2017, 12:04:36 AM
That is a great haul, and a super nice 3-slot.  I believe it is a complete 197, which has the older 101B coil and dual-coil relay.  It was the last version of the 19x (the 197 has a coin return button and pull bucket) before the single-coil 2xx was introduced.

This 197H is a 1957, I believe the only thing that has been changed is the handset. Also it came with no keys. I had a 10H key from one of my other payphones for the top. The cash box has some coins in it. I will take the back off and get the cash box out, so I can access the lock. Someone made this into some kind of training phone. When I got the top off it was jammed with plastic money.

Doug Rose

Doug....super find! You got some great pieces.....other Doug
Kidphone

I guess I should explain about the signs, they all are from or for phone booths. The McDonalds ones are tempered glass and test pieces, That is what I was told by the Bell person. Burger King and 7/11 are plastic. The rest of the Bell ones are glass and plastic. All the signs are from the 1990's.

HarrySmith

Nice haul! You got some great stuff. That pay phone in a box is very interesting!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Well that was fast, I sold the booth, one Millenium phone, Two books, the buttset, the booth light, Metal 302 with box, the Millenium backboard and 6 booth signs. The last Millenium phone has been promised to someone, so no payphones left.