News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Charcoal Grey Panasonic KX-T7130E!!! (not a lemon!!)

Started by twocvbloke, January 17, 2013, 06:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Well, I managed to bag a systemphone for the 616, and it's the charcoal grey model, so very nice looking compared to the endless streams of yellowed beige models... ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251016601861

As for what I put in the title, well, it's sold as "not working", so, could be a dead unit, or could just be that they couldn't test it or something, but if the inners are faulty, at least I could swap out the PCBs from a working Beige model (if I can find one cheap enough!!) and still have the charcoal grey phone... :)

Had a bit of fun with the "Make offer" thing though, I sent £10 as my first offer, they sent £22.50 back, which is still too much for a phone sold as non-working (and even £10 was generous in my mind!), so, I just sent £10 again, and they accepted, so it just goes to show, stick to your guns on your offers, cos some sellers will give in!!! ;D

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Yep, I'm just hoping that it's a "Not working cos we can't test it" find though... :D

gpo706

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

Quote from: gpo706 on January 17, 2013, 10:16:51 AM
I'm jealous!

It's been on the bay for months (if not longer), it's just a risky purchase as to whether it's knackered or not... :D

AE_Collector

I hate to say it but I would have more faith in a "Panasonic PBX Phone found at a garage sale and no way to test it" than I would a "Panasonic PBX Phone for sale from KT Communications Company". And they went out of their way to put "Parts - Not Working" in the subject line which is more than just choosing the Not Tested - Parts Only" description.

Hopefully it does work for you though, it could be something minor that wont be a problem when using it to program or better yet, maybe it will work just fine.

This is the only colour I have ever seen these phones in here in Vancouver.

Terry

Mr. Bones

Congratulations on the nice find! It is the first charcoal one I've seen, and I think it is much nicer looking than the off-white / yellowed variety.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, that it works flawlessly!

Best regards, mate!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

I have a habit of buying faulty stuff, some I can get working, other stuff, not so much, but this phone I have an inkling that it probably does work, but they just couldn't get it to work on a later Panasonic PBX that it's not compatible with or something... :D

But like I say, if it's a lemon, I shall make lemonade with it and use the casing on a working beige model, if I can afford one... :D

twocvbloke

Well, I'm not making lemonade with this one, cos it's a worker!!! ;D

Works absolutely fine as far as I can tell, the display's contrast is a bit on the low side (despite the switch on the back), but that's it, just needs a good clean and getting used for programming my 616 properly at last...  ;D

The funny thing is, the system has held the time I entered on a standard touchtone phone, well, the summer time at least cos it's an hour out... :D

All I can guess is that they tested it on a digital system rather than a hybrid system, thought "Doesn't work, sell it as not working!" and lucky ol' me bargained them out of an extra £15, I'd say I did quite well there, especially for the rarer charcoal coloured phone... ;D

EDIT:
I just noticed the date on the system, August 8th, it thinks it's my birthday!!! :D