News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Forum ot working with some/(large?) attachments , no error

Started by markosjal, November 20, 2020, 02:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

Trice now I have gone  to post soething in the last few days and twice now the same thing has happened.

I type a long post

Add attachments

Click submit and a blank page loads

Upon attempting to resubmit the same post wiith no attachments I get a message saying the post was already made but the post never shows up.

Result = Wasted time and furstraton
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Key2871

I've had that problem before.
So instead of hitting post I hit preview, and it may take a minute but it does show up.
KEN

paul-f

Until you sort out the cause, you can take out some insurance by composing your post in Notepad, Word, or your favorite word processor and copy the text to the input form. If it fails to post, you can easily try again or save the file to try later.

Or, you can compose in the forum form and save a copy in your word processor temporarily before posting. If it posts successfully, just close the word processor without saving.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Jim Stettler

Quote from: markosjal on November 20, 2020, 02:00:27 PM
Trice now I have gone  to post soething in the last few days and twice now the same thing has happened.

I type a long post

Add attachments

Click submit and a blank page loads

Upon attempting to resubmit the same post wiith no attachments I get a message saying the post was already made but the post never shows up.

Result = Wasted time and furstraton

This can happen if you time out before posting.
I open a new CRPF window, and sign into the forum on it.
Then I post the message I was writing.
This is the easiest way I have found.

You can also copy the message to clipboard and re-post it if it doesn't post the first time.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

TelePlay

Log on using the never log out option and then manually log out when you leave. Time outs can cause issues but I have never run into those because I always log in with the "forever" for log on time option.

Don't attach images larger than 2,000 kb on the largest side and up to 3,000 may also work.

Make sure the image after resizing it is less than 3 MBytes regardless of size, images of 4 MBytes or larger will crash the system. Remember, we expanded the document size being attached to "unlimited" to allow pdf files. That put the image size criteria on the shoulders of the person uploading the image.

Try to load a 12 MP cell phone image and run the risk of getting a white screen and losing all work done (unless as paul-f said, compose the test in Wordpad and then copy it to the forum post).

This was all detailed in several topics and many posts back in 2017. This one defines the above:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18532.msg191175#msg191175

Other member examples of getting a white screen (there are many, these are just two)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19491.msg199911#msg199911
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18128.msg200013#msg200013