News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1950 Western Electric Model 500

Started by Dennis Markham, December 21, 2008, 10:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

OK, fess up......who was the lucky winning bidder of this 1950 Model 500?

It looks like it may be all original 1950.  I believe the seller said one of the parts (maybe the network?) is dated 1/1950 which is very early and awfully close to that elusive 1949 model.  That explains the selling price.  It ended just a short while ago.

http://tinyurl.com/ayd4dn

bingster

Not me, although I did have it on my watch list for a while.
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Holy Missed Chances Batman!  I knew nothing about this phone, but certainly would have been right in there fighting for it had I.  Geesh, a 1/1950 network, and it looks like the whole enchilada may be original to boot!  (Wonder about that handset cord though) 

HobieSport

Dan/Panther

I missed it also, and I check every Ebay auction every day on vintage telephones. But this one got by.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

Where is Voo-Doo Dan2, I haven't heard him say "HE" >:( didn't win the phone.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JimH

I was watching that one, too.  I think it went for WAY cheaper than it was probably worth. 
Jim H.

Dan

I guess my "vintage phone search" obviously didn't bring up this gem. I got one from 1953 but this one looks way better. :'(
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

I guess my oldest 500 is probably about '53 also.  I know there where a few changes in the 500s before that.

The next time one comes up I promise not to bid.