News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What? Expensive Pink 500?

Started by HarrySmith, February 12, 2012, 09:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I don't understand, why is this Pink 500 going over $200.00?
There is another listed that is only $30.00 with no bids!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190636956371
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

It's the Bell Logo number card. It even works to put them on AE 80's!

Terry

JorgeAmely

Jorge

AE_Collector

Vern P

Maybe it is one of the 3 that were bidding on the Dk. Blue that sold for $633, looking for a nice Pink one to go with the Dk. Blue.

Or it could be any one guess, as to way ?

Vern P

jsowers

Newbie creep is what I call that. The bids creep up higher and higher and the bidders are new and don't know what the phone is worth. None of the high bidders have more than 55 feedbacks. I'm sure the seller is overjoyed.
Jonathan

LarryInMichigan

If I were the seller of this phone, I would not be able to sleep after taking $202 from a naive buyer for it.

Larry

Karen

I was watching that blue phone bid to 600.  I was so curious who bought that, and if they play on this forum.

As for the pink, who knows.  Ive seen a couple go pretty high.  Ive yet to win an auction for one. I guess Im just too cheap.

jsowers

Quote from: gymcrackery on February 15, 2012, 02:01:34 AM
I was watching that blue phone bid to 600.  I was so curious who bought that, and if they play on this forum.

The winner of the recent dark blue was 195bdwy. For further info, send your email address in a PM to Terry (AE_collector, who posted above) and he will send you an Excel spreadsheet with the eBay handles, bid codes, names, country, state, etc. listed and it shows their Forum handle too. I don't think 195bdwy is on the Forum, but he's been buying rare phones at high prices for many years. As I said in a different thread, that must be some collection.
Jonathan

kwatter04

wow, crazy. I recently paid $30 for a completely dates-matching pink set from 11/57.