Rdelius' light gray 10-59 500U for $60 from a Flea Market
5 (27.8%)
stopthemachine's SC 1543 phone in CHERRY RED for $57 + $15 shipping
2 (11.1%)
ESalter's Rose Beige 54 500 / gray straight cords - garbage at Radio swap meet
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

paul-f

WE made bakelite G1 handsets into the mid-1960s.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

rp2813

Wow!  A gray Mushroom and a Rose Beige.  This is already shaping up to be a tough decision.
Ralph

AE_Collector

Okay, time to vote!

Aren't you glad that Federal Elections don't come around as often as you have to vote for the "Find of the Month"!

Only three choices this month and all are variations of the 500 set. I think we can call the SC 1543 a "500 variant" can't we?

In any event, it will only take you a moment to review this months "Finds" and then place your vote.

Terry

GG

I wouldn't call SC-1543 a 500 variant: none of its components is interchangeable with components on a 500 set.  The only substantial similarity is that the dial has an extended numberplate.  In all other ways, it's its own species. 

See, this is more like the national elections than one might think!  Except we have _three_ candidates this month and plenty more in some months, which makes it more like a Primary than a General election.  Hey, anyone up for forming a Telephone Party?  Plank #1 in the platform: unlimited freedom of speech, and no getting cut off in mid-sentence!

AE_Collector

Quote from: GG on October 02, 2011, 03:00:23 AM

I wouldn't call SC-1543 a 500 variant: none of its components is interchangeable with components on a 500 set.  The only substantial similarity is that the dial has an extended numberplate.

Okay, fair enough. I was streching it a bit then. I am not particularily familiar with that SC. The early competitors to the 500 from other manufacturers are all very interesting and collectible.

Terry

stopthemachine

Quote from: paul-f on September 11, 2011, 03:28:31 PM
Quote from: stopthemachine on September 11, 2011, 07:43:42 AM
(as always, thank you, Paul, for your wonderful website that doesn't forget color charts even for SC phones)

You're welcome, Dan.

That's a great phone at a very good price.  Is the dial plate porcelain or plastic?
Good news--the dial is porcelain!  :)  It looks fantastic; pix don't even do it justice. 

AE_Collector

Okay, that's a wrap.

Looks like Eric's "Dumpster Diving" paid off for him once, ... err twice again! The check is in the mail Eric! Nice Haul.

Terry

ESalter

Well I'm honored to have bragging rights for a while!  I'm just happy I was in the right place at the right time to save that poor phone from certain doom.