News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg carlson 1211

Started by Steve, January 11, 2009, 03:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I just won a S-C 1211 and received it yesterday. I always liked the looks of these phones,even if they were never used in my area.

do any members here have one?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

HobieSport

One of my favorite looking wall phones of all time but I don't have one. I also like the AE 50, but don't have one of those either.  Sigh.  Congrats, Steve.  What did you pay for it?  And does it have a dial or not?  Would love to see pictures, exterior and interior. -Matt

Steve

I won it for $30.00 . it's the dial-less version, but from what I understand, the dial can be added. I was bidding on a dial version a few weeks ago, but it went for almost $200.00. The phone seems pretty clean after looking it over a bit, just a small tight crack at the top of the receiver. I'll have to wait a day or two before I can open it up.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Dan

Nice phone. Looks like batman could use it.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

mienaichizu

that's a really nice phone that you got steve and fairly at a good price

Steve

Okay, I still haven't opened it up yet, but I gave it a quick wipe down and took some pics.

any advice on these from those who have one?

Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

mienaichizu

that's really nice, is it Bakelite or plastic?

Steve

Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

McHeath

Holy Hotline Batman, what a great phone!  Totally worth the 30 clams, if I had one it'd get pride of place. 

Mark Stevens

Greg G.

Quote from: Steve on January 12, 2009, 12:34:15 PM

Okay, I still haven't opened it up yet, but I gave it a quick wipe down and took some pics.

any advice on these from those who have one?

Resurrecting an old thread because it came up in my google search for one of these phones.  Did you ever find a dial for it?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HobieSport

Probably the coolest telephone design ever.

If I ever see one

the attack will be

as usual

at dawn.

-Matt

-Matt

Greg G.

Quote from: HobieSport on December 25, 2009, 07:45:13 AM
Probably the coolest telephone design ever.

If I ever see one

the attack will be

as usual

at dawn.

-Matt

The expression in your avatar fits your post, hehe!  I can almost hear ol' CG.

The OP, Steve, was on as recently as November, that's why I felt it worth the while to resurrect the thread.  Steve, you out there?  We want an update on your 1211 phone.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AET

Yes, I also miss Steve.  Good guy, from up around here.
- Tom

HobieSport

Do you mean Steve who had a six shooter in his avatar?

I'm not for or against guns or rifles but I'll send him an Xmas email about telephones.

As long as everyone remembers that this thread is about trying to find an affordable SC 1211 for Brinybay/Greg then count me in.
-Matt