News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 40 inspection.

Started by Greg G., April 27, 2010, 01:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Greg, that is the one in the video, isn't it???

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

Sounds pretty good for a 50hz ringer............

Greg G.

The other funny thing is notice that the hesitation in the ringer is more pronounced with the cover on, but is almost steady with it off.  Maybe it's scared of the dark!   :D
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

I hadn't watched the youtubes of the AE40 ringing until now. The clapper looks to be the correct one for a ringer frequency in the 42 to 50 cycle range. I looked at some frequency ringers that I have here in a box and the higher the frequency, the smaller the clapper. A 20 cycle frequency ringer has a huge clapper.

My guess is going to be that someone "messed" with the adjustment of your ringer to make it work. If so, it doesn't work half bad!

Terry

Greg G.

Listen to it hooked to a PBX, hardly any hesitation.  The PBX must have more juice in it than the straight phone line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmLJWcQsPPE
- Mike Row
e

baldopeacock

@ Brinybay, who said "I have to say, I really like the art deco look of this phone"....

I do too.   The AE40 is really a great example of Art Deco style, and with the chrome trim these are cool looking phones.

Greg G.

Quote from: baldopeacock on April 28, 2010, 09:24:43 AM
@ Brinybay, who said "I have to say, I really like the art deco look of this phone"....

I do too.   The AE40 is really a great example of Art Deco style, and with the chrome trim these are cool looking phones.

Did they make them in colors other than black?
- Mike Row
e

paul-f

Yes.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

baldopeacock

even purple?   Pretty cool!

Greg G.

- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Ray Kotke (telephonecreations.com) sells housings in various colors.

Larry