News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Well, I think I'm Done......for now. (key system setup)

Started by Babybearjs, March 16, 2018, 10:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

Enclosed are some pictures of my key system setup as of 03/18. I think I'm done for now, as all the stations are wired and working... the ICM is complete and all the signaling is working... I have my alarm panel completely hooked up and its been totally converted to LED lamps.... and the buzzers are installed.... (these are tied to terminals 7 and 8 on my 212 and 202.) I even added my #8 Buzzer to the alarm cabinet, but can't get it working due to lack of operating voltage...still haven't found out what its voltage is.... won't work on any of the outputs on my 20B2 power supply.  Speaking of which, I also converted it from #24 fuses to GMA fuses. a lot easier to replace and when you can get 100 of those for $15.00  it really saves money.... the #24 fuses are hard to get, and too expensive.... I hope you all like the pictures..... Oh yeh, I also added a 25 pair jack for testing phones that I don't have on my system.... this too is an expensive piece and I only have 1 of them.... going from 25 pair to 4 8 pair cabling has really a work... now that everything is on a home run system....trouble shooting is a lot easier and no more crawl space wiring.... (well, almost.... I still have splices, but not like what I had.....)
John

Babybearjs

here are the rest of my pictures for now....
John

HarrySmith

Very nice setup! Looks like a lot of work! I like the fuse retrofit also.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

;D A lot of work and crawling under my trailer.... but, its in, it works , and I love it! so....it on to my next project.... the DSS console... (see Post)
John

AL_as_needed

Quite the blend of equipment eras, very well organized and rather impressive. I'd feel sorry for any cable repair person that opens that door.....  ;D
TWinbrook7

compubit

Nice job! I need to get my 19" rack built out - just never enough hours in the day!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

oldguy

I would like to get my 551B system operational but like Jim stated "never enough hours in the day" or enough room in my home office/phone room.
Gary

Babybearjs

I had to switch out my 212KTU with a new one.... the "FA" relay contacts are out of alignment and I didn't have the tools to adjust it... so I just switched out the whole unit.. put the old one to sleep for now.... the whole system works great and now with the 208's online, my intercom works better then before.... took me awhile to understand how the 208KTU works.... now that I'm that much smarter.... I'll be able to tackle the next problem....if there is one....
John

RB

nice complicated lookin work!
I am with AL... put a sign on that door sayin do not open for fear of fainting ;)
as long as it works!!!

Doug Rose

As an old PBX tech nothing is more important the a a clean crosswire field.  Every Friday I would pull all connections tight and have the crosswire perfect. Easy to find a pair when the cross wire is neat and secured. This was for an 18 floor building. Now in the day of LAN cables, I am hardly ever in the MDF. Back to work in a month...Doug
Kidphone

Babybearjs

:) :)LOL! its a piece of work alright.... I had posted the picture of the modified 66 block on FB's "Bell Telephone of The US and Canada" site and got some "interesting" feedback.... I look at it this way... the "Bell system" is gone, and so are the rules of the day.....custom....all custom.....
John