News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

554 wont ring

Started by Kenny C, February 28, 2010, 04:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

I'm not a big fan of the Newbie thing either but the software assigns that.  I have looked and don't see how I can disable that...I can assign additional stars, but can't make the Newbie designation go away.  :(

AET

I have over 30 phones and am still a newbie in my own eyes.
- Tom

jeremylivin

Quote from: Dennis Markham on March 01, 2010, 08:07:11 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Newbie thing either but the software assigns that.  I have looked and don't see how I can disable that...I can assign additional stars, but can't make the Newbie designation go away.  :(

I used to manage forums for a game I played, and those titles were listed under "Ranks".

They were fully editable.
Jeremy Livingston

Dennis Markham

But Tom, you are a Hero Member here!

Doug Rose

Quote from: Phonesrfun on March 01, 2010, 07:55:53 PM
Kenny and Jeremy:

I think the title "Newbie" ought to be tossed out.  Yes, I know it only designates the number of posts on this forum, but I don't consider "newbie" to be derrogatory in the sense of collecting.  Everyone has a different prospective.  You guys may be new, but soon you will be chiming in with everyone else on the "How-to's"

No one person has all the answers and I, for one learn something new here every day.  So, keep coming back, and the more questions you ask or the more that you read that someone else has asked and the more discussion that goes on, the more all of us will continue to learn.

-Bill Geurts
Bill ....great post.....I agree 100%....that's why we are here, to learn and have fun.....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Well I did find the area where Newbie lived.  It's gone.  So is the next step up (which was Junior Member).  I left Hero Member, Sr Member and whatever the last one is on there. 

If you guys think the others should disappear, let me know.

Wallphone

I don't think that those labels have anything to do with how much telephone knowledge you have accumulated over the years. They only state how long you have been on this forum. There are people I know that I would not call a Newbie just because they just found out how nice this forum is and just joined. That is my 2 cents.
Dougpav

Dennis Markham

Absolutely Doug.  No question about that.  It only refers to time on the forum.  I think they all have those titles.

McHeath

Maybe it should simply say "New Member" for the new folks, just so we know who is recently come online in the forum. 

Congrads on getting that phone to ring Kenny!  I remember how cool it was when I got my first old phone to ring as well, it was my 354 and man it was loud! 

Kenny C

it is cleaned up realy good now
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AET

Ha, I know, but I don't know nearly what I should know about phones by now!

Quote from: Dennis Markham on March 02, 2010, 10:58:41 AM
But Tom, you are a Hero Member here!
- Tom

jeremylivin

Quote from: Wallphone on March 02, 2010, 12:32:32 PM
I don't think that those labels have anything to do with how much telephone knowledge you have accumulated over the years. They only state how long you have been on this forum. There are people I know that I would not call a Newbie just because they just found out how nice this forum is and just joined. That is my 2 cents.
Dougpav

I'm pretty sure it's based on post count.  So a new member (like me) could post a lot in one day and get that designation changed.

But that'd just be spam.
Jeremy Livingston