News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fatboy Ringer Question

Started by Mark S, July 28, 2019, 09:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark S

I have a Fatboy 1212 WADE.  The ringer does not work.  In doing continuity checks of all wires and tracing them against the schematic, all went well except for one connection that appeared to have been cut and I ran a wire to complete the circuit for testing.  Still dead.  I'm of the impression that a party line ringer won't work on current phone systems although I'm not sure why.  The WADE designation appears to not be a straight line ringer designation but a standard harmonic.  Can anyone enlighten me as to what kind of ringer I have and if it should NOT ring because of its designation, please explain.
Thanks,
Mark

rdelius

You have a tuned ringer not a straight line ringer.Not designed for 20-30 hz. you might get some sound by moving the gongs closer to the clapper and or loosing the nut on top and underneath the pivot

Mark S

Pictured is the back of this ringer.  There is no visible information on the bottom plate from the outside, but the inside is stamped "1212 WADE".
Thanks,
Mark

RB

your ringer prob works just fine.
Problem is it will only respond to a certain frequency...no current phone system uses that frequency.
you cud play with it, and pull your hair out, but after all that, you just need to replace it with a straight line ringer, and all will be gud in the world.
Nice phone, by the way.

Mark S

Thanks!  I just needed to confirm that it wasnt something I missed.
Mark