News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Milk Chocolate North Galion

Started by Doug Rose, February 10, 2017, 04:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This was on eBay for short while and the seller got an offer they could not refuse.  8)  I have never seen this color,  looks like a great paint.  We'll never know. Goes great with Larry's White Chocolate North...Doug

http://tinyurl.com/ju8xz39
Kidphone

Jack Ryan

Is that a Hershey Kiss style cradle?

Jack

TelePlay

I've never seen a colored Galion. What would be a good, current open market price on this?

The handset and housing look like brown plastic, not painted. The cap threads, from what I can tell from the images, don't look like they are painted.

andre_janew

It isn't a painted phone.  The inside of the caps is just as brown as the outside.  The description even mentions that the phone is made of brown plastic.

TelePlay

Seller told me there were errors in the listing and will be relisting the phone this weekend, Saturday or Sunday. I will do a contest for that phone.

"Yes, certainly, I will be relisting either tomorrow (SAT) or Sunday at the latest. I just noticed a couple typos in the listing and I wanted to provide an additional photo on the inside mechanisms"

Jon Kolger

This set is for real.  I don't remember what they call this color but it is very unusual.   I have several sets in this color, one dial and one non-dial... and a wall set also.  The phone on ebay appears to be NOS, as it has an unused number card, and looks like new.  It will be a good auction when it reappears.

Doug Rose

Hey John.....good to hear from you. It sure is different. It was up to $71 in a short amount of time with 14 watchers, I feel we will not see it listed again, just my humble opinion....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

I believe Ray Kotke has a green Galion that he found painted. They were made in a variety is different colors, but seem to be VERY rare!!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jim Stettler

I have a metal north set that was factory green paint, and painted blue. Odis (house of cords) had a blue north handset that had been painted black. When I saw it , it had been buffed 1/2 way.

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

I have had a green one that had changed color to brownish.Had to be polished back.The ivory one was a Tenite type plastic with gold(brass) bands.

Doug Rose

I have a Maroon, Mahoghany Brown and a Green North Galion. These are Bakelite and not painted. I love the North colors.....Doug
Kidphone

Payphone installer

Th color is coffee and it is the real deal. I used to collect these at one point I had,dark brown,coffee,blue,red,green, maroon,walnut,ivory with and without gold trim. Finger wheels were colored also. The colors are almost the same as colored Kellog red bars which have clear plungers if they are colored. The rarest of the rare are the colored North wall telephones. Impossible to find.

Doug Rose

Jim....why did you ever get rid of those beautiful phones? Sure you don't have them hiding for resale??...Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

It's a beautiful phone. When you say great paint ? Do you believe it's painted ? It appears to be that color all the way through Or did I misunderstand you ?
It also has a hefty shipping cost.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Dan....I do not think it was painted, just looks it to me as it such a different color. It is real and it was not relisted as I suspected...bummer....Doug
Kidphone