News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lamp Phone Atrocities!

Started by Greg G., May 06, 2009, 12:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

After looking at that "thing". I snooped around that site a little. Some pretty cool stuff. One thing I did find that might be useful is something that was discussed recently, lead free solder:

https://www.sciplus.com/109-leadfree-solder-64229-p
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

19and41

Get on their mailing list.  They always get interesting stuff.  I got a 1000 ML drinking beaker last summer to assist in my hydration. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Western Bell

"Vintage Wall Rotary Phone Tan Color hang up switch. Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.

WITH ANY UPCYCLE LAMPS YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE LED BULBS AS THESE ITEMS WERE NOT INTENDED TO HANDLE THE HEAT OF INCANDESCENT BULBS"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wall-Rotary-Phone-Tan-Color-hang-up-switch/124007951534

MMikeJBenN27

Last year, I bought an NE Uniphone that had been turned into a lamp and I turned it back into a phone, and this past spring, I bought a WE 202 that had been turned into a lamp that I will be turning back into a phone.  That is the only way we can save these - buy them and turn them back into phones, just to reverse what those morons are doing.  Somebody called Cadillac-modela has some Stromberg-Carlson 1243s that they turned into those darn lamps.  I can't right now buy any more phones, I hope somebody else will, and turn those back into phones.

Mike

FABphones

'Vintage Wall Rotary Phone Tan Color hang up switch. Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail'.

All that effort destroying it turning it into a lamp, no effort at all cleaning it.

Also, made me think of this.
'The Invisible Man Returns (1940)'.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

FABphones

Key2871

I've seen some very... Interesting things, I think this takes a cake.. What in the world, really? Where's the shade for the bulb?
KEN

19and41

Loft deco?  Is that art's younger sillier brother?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

SUnset2

TelePlay

Quote from: SUnset2 on March 03, 2020, 11:25:01 PM
Bookends, not a lamp, but harder to make than a lamp, and much harder to convert back to a telephone!

Not the same phone but the same idea, spotted in 2018

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1351.msg215681#msg215681

Key2871

This is making me sick 😷...
KEN

FABphones

Payphone lamp atrocity.  :(

FABphones

Imperial lamp with drilled Ivory handset.  :(

Jim Stettler

All lot of the Imperial lamps were made by the Telephone Pioneers. It was a fund raising project.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

countryman

I'm afraid they did not only drill the handset but also the cradle?