AE_Collector's Ivory 40 with Gold Trim for $275 BIN on ebaY
5 (17.9%)
DaveF's WE prototype F-54665 10 Button Touch Tone 1500 for $566
11 (39.3%)
George Knighton's WECo Ivory 302 for $229.67
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

AE_Collector

Post your "Finds of the Month" for November 2012 Here.

"Finds of the Month" are items that you acquired this month that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Terry

HowardPgh

I nominate the D1/202 that found LM Ericcson. Can't do much better than free.
Howard

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=7887.0
Howard

TelePlay

A strange nomination but since I got lucky with both the shipping and the condition, I'm going to nominate this receiver I dearly needed to replace a reproduction receiver on a 20AL stick I bought last month. I really don't expect any votes for at the end of the month. Just pleased with the item.

Paid $40 plus $7.50 shipping. I don't know if that is to much or not, probably is, but I am really pleased with the item in that it seems pristine, and wasn't damaged after being stuffed into a box so small that the ends of the box were rounded out when sealing it shut. It had one layer of bubble wrap around each end. It looks like NOS. Certainly not a reproduction.

Here are the pictures of the box showing how it was receiver was stuffed into it and the receiver itself. Really great condition with nothing needed but a little polish and a cord. Really glad it wasn't damaged during shipping. Any heavy item landing on the end of the box could have cracked or crushed it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221148489340

HowardPgh

Teleplay-
Is it a Western Electric receiver?  The cap and innards look W.E., but the shell doesn't. It is really a nice looking receiver,  It is hard to tell from the picture what brand the shell is.(So many are unmarked)
Howard
Howard

TelePlay

Quote from: HowardPgh on November 12, 2012, 02:57:37 PM
Teleplay-
Is it a Western Electric receiver?  The cap and innards look W.E., but the shell doesn't. It is really a nice looking receiver,  It is hard to tell from the picture what brand the shell is.(So many are unmarked)

Howard,  I don't know. It's not NOS because the side of the diaphragm which faces the magnet shows vibrational wear. The only markings on the receiver are on the bell part of the internal assembly at the business end of the magnet, 75 Z, the Vermilion box with a B inside it on the inside of the bell and someone penciled an "L" for low, maybe, on the insulator paper next to one of the screws.

There are no markings on either the cap or shell. Both are bakelite. The cap has a very small pin head chip on the sharp edge that shows the internal structure of bakelite, on the thread end of the cap and the shell has a wear ring around the shell just under the part that holds the receiver on a stick hook. I would assume that ring is wear from hanging on a stick hook. It not rubber.

I've seen photos of receivers with WE markings on around the screw end of the cap and on the end of the shell around the cord hole. There are no markings on this receiver other than the 3 mentioned above.

Are there any photo angles that would help identify this receiver? If so, let me know and I'll post them. A receiver identification guide would be helpful.

This receiver is going to replace a newer 706A on an old brass stick.

Sargeguy

New England Telephone & Telegraph Two-Boxer

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=7925.0

I have been trying to find a nice Western Electric 2-boxer for a while, but they rarely show up on eBay, maybe one every few months or so.  This month, for some reason they have been coming out of the woodwork at a record pace.  There were at least 10 that I recall over a three week period, of the three that I bought, this one is my favorite.  I collect NET&T stuff so I was thrilled.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

MagicMo

I would like to take a shot at Find of the Month. I found a 1964 Picturephone display set, mint in the boxes. Take a look,
Thanks,
Maureen
Practice Kindness :)

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Maureen, we now expect you to hook that up so we can all call into it onFace Time. 

Just kidding....  One of those "You can't het there from here" situations.  :)
-Bill G

MagicMo

Quote from: Phonesrfun on November 18, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
Maureen, we now expect you to hook that up so we can all call into it onFace Time. 

Just kidding....  One of those "You can't het there from here" situations.  :)

Too funny.
I can't imagine I could call anyone to check it out anyway!! Still cool nonetheless.
Maureen

HowardPgh

I saw a PicturePhone once in the early 1970s or late 60s.
It was set up at one of local department stores (Kaufmann's?) here in Pittsburgh.  It was the later version in the rectangular cabinet with a larger screen.  Ther were two of them set up so you could talk/see with someone in the next room.  Were many of these sets made? -Howard
Howard

Dave F

Quote from: MagicMo on November 18, 2012, 09:42:00 PM
I would like to take a shot at Find of the Month. I found a 1964 Picturephone display set, mint in the boxes. Take a look,
Thanks,
Maureen
Hey Mo, don't rub it in.  (Just kidding!  Go ahead and rub it in -- I would!)

Dave

MagicMo

Hi Dave,
I was actually thinking about taking a good Pic of the Picturephone for my profile pic!! Can't help it! I'm excited!  :)
Maureen

Just4Phones

A beautiful lady interested in Telephones?  Maureen will you marry me?  We can combine our collections and be the envy of the forum  ;D

MagicMo

Quote from: Just4Phones on November 21, 2012, 09:24:15 PM
A beautiful lady interested in Telephones?  Maureen will you marry me?  We can combine our collections and be the envy of the forum  ;D

Haha. Sure, we would just have to call my husband and let him know...Hmmm, maybe we should use the picturephone!