Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Those were good buys! I've got a grey one and an ivory one somewhere. I need to dig them out and try to wire them up. They're a nice looking phone, but I think that big machine screw in the middle of the dial lets them down a bit in the looks department.

You should definitely have bought the blue one. Blue seems to be a less common colour. I think i've only seen one blue one, but quite a few grey and ivory examples seem to turn up over here.
Flea Market/Yard Sale/Antique Store Finds / Re: PTT "Mercy Purchase"
« Last post by andy1702 on Today at 12:13:02 PM »
I bought a job lot of standard Ericsson phones a few years ago which seem to have almost identical dials. They also suffered from broken cases where the dial screws mount. I have no idea where these Ericsson's came from. They're certainly not from the UK as many of them have strange lettering (maybe arabic or something). Dials look the same though and I may have some spares if you need anything. I'm in the UK though, so postage might be a bit high.

One thing I will say about the dial is I took one apart, and for someone used to UK dial 12 & 21 etc it was a real head scratcher to try and understand how it worked. Not like our native dials at all.
Genuine swedish Ericofons are some of the best because they have a nice buzzer. They also seem to ahve issued a reasonably good colour range. Thinking about it, I can't recall a black Ericofon anywhere. Perhaps it's because at the time they came out most phones were black bakelite and they thought there would be no demand for yet another black phone?

Painted phones always worry me that the paint will start chipping off with use. In the UK we never had painted phones, although I understand it was a fairly common practice in the US. Do they do something special to toughen up the paint?

For the record, I think an Ericofon case may be ABS, so it should be possible to repair the plastic with acetone.
I see on amazon, many different kinds of SS shot.
round, cylinder, oval...
Which would work best for small springs etc???
Did you get the flute to tame those cobras? ;)
Radios & TVs / Re: Jefferson Tube Restorer
« Last post by RB on Today at 11:54:14 AM »
The earlier 1950's CRT rejuvenators, were actually used to remove all of the Dead Cowboys, and Indians that had collected on the bottom side of the CRT.

D/P
Oh, that's good!
you twisted rascal! ;)
General Discussion / Re: Collector vs Hoarder
« Last post by Dan/Panther on Today at 11:52:57 AM »
Maybe you could be both?....The phones on display, special shelving, glass showcases and woven into our environment being used are a part of our collection. The ones kept out of the market in boxes in storage buildings are the ones you are hoarding? Being relatively new to the hobby I havenít begun hoarding, nor can I afford to...

Benny

It is inevitable, when you come across a better example of a phone you have, for some reason we stash the older one in a box someplace for later disposition, which never happens. Before you know it, You have 100 boxes in your garage. The reason I think is, once you have spent the money on the older phone, it just sort of fads into the sunset.

D/P
Radios & TVs / Re: Jefferson Tube Restorer
« Last post by Dan/Panther on Today at 11:48:37 AM »
The earlier 1950's CRT rejuvenators, were actually used to remove all of the Dead Cowboys, and Indians that had collected on the bottom side of the CRT.

D/P
Nice job Dag....looks much better...I like the black  ......Doug
I did do some sanding, and sprayed it with black varnish.  You may see a crack on the earpiece, and it was a hole on the side, I just filled it with a non purpose LED.

I made a new coiled end cord and here is what it look like:

dsk

PS adjusted the dial as little as possible to be within limits for speed and break percentage. DS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10