Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Wow I didn't realize that was a little CRT inside! That is so cool. Hope you were able to make it work for your outgoing calls.
Western Electric Pay Phones / Scratchy 1C Hook Switch?
« Last post by 555-1212 on Today at 12:59:30 AM »
The rotary 1C I am working on is finally mostly alive. When I take the receiver off hook, I get a dial tone. If I hang up and pick up again, I don't always get another dial tone. I can see that when I hang up the line is disconnecting because the light on my line simulator goes off. When I pick up and don't get dial tone, the line is active but no dial tone. Could the hook switch be causing this?
Thank you for posting these! Life saver after I messed up when working on my rotary 1C coin dial.
Telephone Troubleshooting and Repair / Re: 293A wood phone issues
« Last post by shadow67 on Yesterday at 09:14:40 PM »
Thank you for that explanation and those suggestions. I will look at that and see what I can find.
« Last post by Dan F on Yesterday at 09:11:21 PM »
check the induction coil for an open winding. a short would cause the line to answer.
Flea Market/Yard Sale/Antique Store Finds / Re: Story of my $50 Minty Blue 302
« Last post by Pourme on Yesterday at 08:43:29 PM »
Benny ...other end is I have never paid  for a phone in my collection. Everything was paid for by selling phones. Almost 40 years of selling telephones. Bought a few as well!

Well....I knew you bought phones & I knew you sold phones. I didn't put 2 + 2 together and realize that. That is wonderful. I had always intended to sell some phones but once I own them I don't want to give them up. You have been at this much longer than I, and have it down to a science, I am envious.
« Last post by Ktownphoneco on Yesterday at 08:08:59 PM »
As was posted earlier, the anti "dirty word" software thinks s-h-o-r-t  is a dirty word and is changing it to stuff.    We'll have to start talking in a foreign language.

Jeff Lamb
« Last post by TelePlay on Yesterday at 08:07:54 PM »
Very strange. I am trying to type s-h-o-r-t and keep getting stuff. Regardless I think I know what you meant now and will give it a try.

GLOBAL MODERATOR POST

Sorry to say you have fallen victim to a member who tried to get cute by typing "s-h-*-t" as an alternative for fecal matter and the server censor software is taking the "*" to mean anything that comes between "sh" and "t" changing it to "stuff" so the word "s-h-o-r-t" is automatically changed to "stuff."

You can thank the member who got cute with a vulgarity for this issue and I don't know how to get around it other than disable the censor software which will allow any member to post any vulgarity they choose. Fecal matter has nothing to do with restoring or repairing phones but some who feel the use of those words is more important that keeping this forum at a high level caused this.

As such, the censorship software will now be disabled so real telephone information can be exchanged, please forgive those who choose to be rude, crude and vulgar for that is no longer be corrected by the software.
« Last post by Ktownphoneco on Yesterday at 08:06:49 PM »
Test msge  ....     short out   ... test

Jeff Lamb
« Last post by shadow67 on Yesterday at 07:14:11 PM »
Very strange. I am trying to type s-h-o-r-t and keep getting stuff. Regardless I think I know what you meant now and will give it a try.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10