"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I have some dusty telephones who needs identification

Started by dsk, September 07, 2009, 03:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Quote from: d_s_k on September 07, 2009, 04:32:58 PM
All the inside photos was from the "302"  The other one happend to be dismantled by me when I was in the right (?) :( age. I can remember a wiring diagram with something I believe was french text.  

dsk

PS
I found the diagram from the telephone with the red button:

The "302" has a diagram who is almost identical.

Brinybay!
Your NEC type 3 has almoast identical wiring, and comonents as mine, so I guess it may be the same or an exact copy. The only difference I may find is the 700 ohms resistor in parallel with the transmitte, this is not on mine. And the handset is different, thats only proof of maintainence.

dsk

dsk

I've been looking some more on the phone marked Standard.

The capacitor is marked Bell.

I have made a version of the wiring diagram, and it is almoast equal to the NEC type 3 and I tried to take some more photos:

dsk

Greg G.

Quote from: d_s_k on October 18, 2009, 09:09:11 AM
Brinybay!
Your NEC type 3 has almoast identical wiring, and comonents as mine, so I guess it may be the same or an exact copy. The only difference I may find is the 700 ohms resistor in parallel with the transmitte, this is not on mine. And the handset is different, thats only proof of maintainence.
dsk

Did you mean my Dutch PTT?  Here's the schematics for both.  First one is the NEC, second one is the NEC schematics simplified that Phonesrfun drew up, third one is the Dutch PTT.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

dsk

Yes, I guess this is it, and maybe mine is dutch too. Quite different wiring digram on mine and yours, mine has as i said nearly the NEC diagram.
I would like to know how LarryInMichigan's diagram looks.
He just posted this:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1619.0

dsk

LarryInMichigan

There is a wiring diagram on the inside of the shell of my phone, and I believe that it is exactly the same as the one above "PTT schematics.jpg".  The paper on mine is yellowed and faded somewhat, so it is not quite as legible.

Remember that that Tandy/Radio Shack imported and sold lots of these 25-30 years ago, so there are more than a few around.  Also, since they were specifically called "Standard", they are probably quite standard.  BTW, the cap in mine also says "Bell" on it.
d_s_k's "Standard" phone bears a striking resemblance to mine.  I expect that it is a somewhat earlier version of the one that I have.

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 18, 2009, 04:36:01 PM
Remember that that Tandy/Radio Shack imported and sold lots of these 25-30 years ago, so there are more than a few around.  Also, since they were specifically called "Standard", they are probably quite standard.  BTW, the cap in mine also says "Bell" on it.
Larry

Now that you mention it, I never took the caps off mine.  Transmitter says 11-64 on it, as does this gizmo on the inside, which also says "Bell" on it.  I never noticed the date before, maybe I just wasn't looking for it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Brinybay,

By "cap", I actually meant capacitor (the "gizmo" to which you refer).  At any rate, it sure looks like your phone was made in Nov 1964.

Larry

dsk

Replacing the photos from the dead link:

dsk